Old 07-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_movin View Post
In the front vent we put a Maxx Air Max Fan Deluxe ...link here Airxcel | Maxxair | Maxxfan Deluxe (Manual Opening)
Thanks! Just watched the video ...this is the ticket I was looking for in my fan purchase. So, calling my RV guy next week and seeing about getting one ordered and put in.

Hope your couch works the way you want it to.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
These are all great ... wait till I tell my DH ... .... some great ideas here! He thinks that this "forum" has already cost him a lot of $$$. My next possible investment is fans ... our unit does not have any fans other than the noisy one in the bathroom. We do have vents. In y'alls opinion, replace the vents with Fantastic Fans or the Maxx Air model above? I bought a pretty silent floor fan that we use when it is very hot outside, just to help out the AC. But I also know now that you can't run the AC on low on the generator for very long before you run out of propane (happened about 2 am in Florida) .. so maybe in cooler weather a fantastic fan or maxx air model would be helpful..... thoughts?
Debbie: Our MS came with the dinky fan in the bathroom, and a manual nonreversible fantastic fan in the forward lounge. There was no fan above kitchen area, but did have a vent there - prewired for a fan! I installed a Fantastic Fan with remote control in that vent. Installation is a snap, and easy DIY - only problem was removing sealant from old vent. After it's removed, takes about 15 minutes to install - 10 minutes on roof (including resealing) and 5 minutes from below.Considering replacing the dinky, noisy bathroom fan, too. I'm wondering if installing two remote fans would interfere with each other - I've not seen any adjustments on the present one that could allow it to differentiate between two remotes!

Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Well let's see???
1. Kenwood with Garmin GPS.
2. Hellwig Sway bar
3. Fantastic fans
4. Bug screens
5. Coleman Road trip grill
6. Keurig single coffee maker
7. TV/DVD player in rear bedroom
Henry's list is short 'cause he's been too busy traveling in it!
Old 07-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #14

Debbie: What I have done on the past with our 5th wheels and MHs is installed 2 fantastic fans. One towards the front and then one in the rear. I made sure they are the reversible type. When hot or just warm I would open both vents and run one in forward ( exhaust out) and the other in reverse (air flow in). This helps to circulate air through the unit when it starts to cool down outside in the evening and night.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #15

Here is mine:
1.Tire Pressure extenders to rims
2. Keurig Coffee (4 Cup) Maker
3. Hellwig Sway Bar
4. Windshield sunscreen
5. Single axle trailer to tow Smart car
6. Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control
7. 19" (12Volt) TV to bedroom.
8. Water regulator 50-55 PSI.
9. Surge Guard RV Power Protection 30 amp Model 34730 TRC

Future buys:
1. Bug screens
2. Memory foam bed topper
3. Coach area Bulbs replaced with LEDs
4. Vent Insulation cushions
5. Solar Panels
6. Never ending-More to follow $$$

2013 Solera 24S
Old 07-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #16

Your right there Ed, put about 6000 miles on it this summer. As the DW said we didn't buy it to look at in the driveway. Getting ready to slow down now, driving buses for the school dist. to save up for next year.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #17

How many of you have replaced the bulbs in the coach with LEDs? What kind to cost would I be looking at?
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #18

Quote:
How many of you have replaced the bulbs in the coach with LEDs? What kind to cost would I be looking at?
How can you tell if you have LEDs or not?
Old 07-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #19

Quote:
Herk: I can't remember the total cost - seems like somewhere around $30-35. I ordered a bunch of the "cornrow" style from a China outfit - "Miniinthebox.com" and their prices were pretty good. Keep in mind they are chinese, and may be either seconds or quality rejects. Out of the dozen I bought, two have had to be replaced. One started blinking on/off for no reason. Another had a solder joint come loose. The lights with the frosted lens take a G4 bulb. The range hood light and the outdoor entry light take a Wedge base (can't remember the number) - and I ordered those off Amazon. If you have a dimmer circuit, you won't be able to dim these LED's - they're either on or off!! Also, bulbs come in different Kelvin temps. Those around 3000-3500K are a "warm" white, and Cool whites are 4000K and above. Cool white is a little brighter than a warm white at the same wattage! but is's a "whiter" light. I would suggest the cool white in areas where you'll be reading. But these all draw about 1/10 the wattage of the regular Halogens, so if you're boondocking it'll make a huge difference.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
How can you tell if you have LEDs or not?
Debbie:
Do a search on LED bulbs on Amazon - you'll see pictures of them. The OEM lights look more like tiny flashlight bulbs.