Old 02-18-2015, 08:59 AM   #191

As a side note, your MB uses synthetic motor oil, that does not congeal like organic oils at extreme lower temperatures, so a heater on your oil pan really isn't necessary, like in the old days with a dipstick heater. IMO

Old 02-18-2015, 09:51 AM   #192

Vibration alarms

After a break in into my storage compartment, I went to Harbor Freight and bought 6 more vibration alarms. Located them under the Propane cover, Under the steps, inside the door and some windows and inside the storage compartments on some of the bins. Anyone prying open a window, door,storage door or opening the steps will be surprised with a 90 decibel siren that starts in 2 seconds.

Search results for: 'vibration alarms'

2015 Rockwood 2703ws
2013 Ford f-150

Old 02-18-2015, 10:16 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwoodjoe View Post
These look pretty handy...but they say they go off with the slightest vibration - Will they go off if you're moving about inside the RV?

Dave
Old 02-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #194

Probably would depend on how much movement. Some are more sensitive than others, there is a switch to turn them on and off. We arm them only when the RV is stored. They would scare cats and dogs to death. Can't beat the price though.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
As a side note, your MB uses synthetic motor oil, that does not congeal like organic oils at extreme lower temperatures, so a heater on your oil pan really isn't necessary, like in the old days with a dipstick heater. IMO
I hear you and knew that going in..but let me tell you...I plug in immediately right in front of my garage once I leave the car...and that plus the residual heat of the engine keeps it MUCH warmer the night thru till next day when I restart it. I'm also talking about my Honda which has had this option for 10 years(and heat rises) and it was NOT a very happy camper (even with synth in it) when started on very cold days prior to the pad install. But since the heater it starts and purrs (trust me!) nicely ever since AND as proof the engine heat gauge comes right up, every time. Am just grateful the bottom of the engine compartment is sealed off pretty nicely...well...haven't killed any neighborhood cats because of "that".

Ahhhh...synthetic oil...the 'only" good thing that Hitler's boys invented for the world to use and the only lube that allowed them to treck over the tundra into Russia (but once they got there...ho boy!).
Old 02-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwoodjoe View Post
After a break in into my storage compartment, I went to Harbor Freight and bought 6 more vibration alarms. Located them under the Propane cover, Under the steps, inside the door and some windows and inside the storage compartments on some of the bins. Anyone prying open a window, door,storage door or opening the steps will be surprised with a 90 decibel siren that starts in 2 seconds.

Search results for: 'vibration alarms'

2015 Rockwood 2703ws
2013 Ford f-150
Being a 12 volt system you can install a regular car alarm on it as long as its batteries are in it and checked and charged or trickle charged.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:39 PM   #197

We liked Mobile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Where do you go in Alabama that you like? We've done Gulf Shores, but maybe looking for a good place mid Alabama for a quick get away. (We work in Daphne Alabama)
We were traveling from South Carolina to New Orleans and decided to stop in Mobile for a couple days. We stayed at Chickasabogue Park and loved it! It is an unexpected haven in Mobile. Super inexpensive if you have Passport America, full hookups and just a nice place.

We loved Mobile and wished we had another day or two to spend exploring there, but we had reservations waiting for us in New Orleans, so we had to boogie on down the road.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
Yes, that is the one. I am still very happy with them.
Say Mike...

These look like they attach to the outside (?) of the windshield and sides?
How do they fasten in place? By crimping tie-downs inside the door seals?
Curious...good price too.

Have you had a chance to drive your Sole after getting the Hellwig in place?
If so, did they fill the bill or would the additional Sumo's(more expensive tho) be a final touch in your opinion?

Let us know...thnx...PB
Old 02-28-2015, 03:07 PM   #199

Oops...just noticed that the thumbnails on the H&M website are enlargeable and saw how the screens are fastened (inside...). But, the Hellwig Q?
Old 02-28-2015, 05:29 PM   #200

Hey all, I added some comments concerning the sway bar under the below thread. I do like it.

Message 286: Hellwig 7254 Rear Sway Bar