Old 10-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #261

Obviously, but your not getting them anytime soon, FR as much told you that. You really need to understand the point I was "trying" to make in leiu of you're not getting them. If you re-read my post in that context, you will better understand the point being made.

But, you can continue to state what you think is better, as all constructive comments are appreciated. However, the end result in this exercise boils down to this; until you breakout the Benjamins, you're not making progress to your goal, fellas. The end.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:11 PM   #262

In my first post under modifications; I stated that I had an after market system installed.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:26 PM   #263

extra lights

one of my recent mods is extra backup lights

I get to campgrounds late, usually wind with a back-in site because of the short length and it bothered me that the provided lights didn't well expose obstructions & holes in the ground. The angle in the rear bumper made a perfect place for down|back pointing lights http://www.ipolyi.com/RR/RR/i/backuplights.jpg
I used: Amazon.com: 2x Custom Black Anodized Aluminum 6500K Xenon White 4.5W SMD LED Eagle Eye Lamps Back Up Backup Reverse Parking Light For Car Van SUV Coupe Sedan: Automotive

ALSO added lights http://www.ipolyi.com/RR/RR/i/LED.png under|by the entry steps http://www.ipolyi.com/RR/RR/i/lights.jpg
they get their signal ( via relay ) from the cab dome light, so come on when I unlock the cab doors with the remote, go off when the dome light goes off.
NOTE: the dome light is wired with a common 12V supply wire, and 2 drops to ground: one lights the dome light by the manual switch in the "on" position, the other "auto" position is for providing the ground connection when doors are opened/closed and when remote is used to lock/unlock - this is what I used for my signal wire
Old 10-27-2015, 06:29 PM   #264

BCC Votage monitor Panel

Here is a mod I did to the cover over the Battery Control Circuit in the step well of my 2011 Solera. Actually I made it out of a piece of plexiglass since I didn't want to damage the original metal cover.

Mod 1 - I installed test jacks so I could easily monitor the voltage on either side of the transfer solenoid. (On this solenoid the house batteries are connected to one side and the Chassis battery is connected to the other. the BCC controls whether these two are tied together for charging purposes.) I connected a disconnect and a fuse from the each side of the solenoid to the red test jack. I connected a ground for the black test jack to the chassis.

this was OK but it meant I had to break out the meter anytime I want a measurement so...

Mod 2 - I installed two small digital meters by wiring them to the test points. I installed a switch in the ground circuit so I could turn them off.

From the picture you can easily see that the two batteries are isolated at the time the picture was taken. The coach has been disconnected from shore power for about three days and the coach batteries are down to 12.4 volts due to current drain from propane detector. Meanwhile the chassis battery is holding at 12.6.

I had been using a plug-in meter in the coach 12 volt outlet to monitor voltage but it always showed a lower than actual voltage. the setup confirmed that it was usually reading 0.2 volts low.

Probably TMI - but I like it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BCC Voltage Monitor Panel.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	93021  
Old 10-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #265

Shower Replacement

Read where several have replaced shower head. What is the best to use? Would like to be able to move head up and down in holder.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:37 PM   #266

Shower Head

What brand is the best to replace shower head with and does the mount allow it to swivel down?
Old 10-28-2015, 12:43 AM   #267

Here's my new closet organization, with bungee straps to keep the drawers closed while traveling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1446007383045.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	93028  
Old 12-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #268

dukeboone, where did you purchase those drawers for your closet, and would you happen to know the measurements? That looks exactly like what I would like to do in my closet after trying several other storage methods that just don't work.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:44 PM   #269
Drivestregis

I am updating previous entry on mods done to our 2014 Solera S. We put in a Hellwig anti-sway bar. Helped considerably with wing and side rocking on driveway entrance. Installed a permanent 30amp voltage regulator with inside display/reader. Reader is next to battery switch on side of entrance steps. Installed a Blue Ox towing package and an Invisibrake for the toad. Toad is a 2015 Honda Fit with manual transmission. The Fit is a fabulous toad. Solar mile averages between 12.5 and 13.7 towing it. Bought custom sunscreens for cab (1-800-777-6405). They give great service with a wonderful product. Didn't like the thickness of the seat cushions. Made some that are much thinner and comfortable. Keep the originals in storage over the cab to make bed for grandkids. Removed wall between bed and toilet and removed the door to bath. Really opened things up. Can easily roll out of bed. Nor cramped using toilet or getting out of shower. Put in a shower rod and curtain to shield toilet and shower area. Added XM radio and placed magnetic antenna low on hood. Purchased a portable Weber grill. It runs on small screw-on tanks. However, also ran a propane line from unit's tank to side of camper of entry door so we can attach Weber Grill to unit's propane tank. Replaced two outside cab marker lights with rectangular lights. Lost a lens on original light. Replacement lens not available anywhere. Bought an expand curtain rod that adjusts when you screw the two poles. I put this up about three inches above ladder for safety of grandkids sleeping in bunk over cab.
If you want pictures, send private email and I will send them to you.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylys View Post
dukeboone, where did you purchase those drawers for your closet, and would you happen to know the measurements? That looks exactly like what I would like to do in my closet after trying several other storage methods that just don't work.
The larger set was purchased at a local big-box office retailer (can't recall which) and the smaller set (which was really hard to find) was purchased on eBay.

The larger set measures 39.25x12.5x14 (Height x Width x Depth)
The smaller set measures 24x8x14

Cheers!