Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #41

Getting ready to purchase the Bug Screens. Where did you buy, any specifics would help. I am not sure if they are all standard. Thanks in advance.

CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDan View Post
Getting ready to purchase the Bug Screens. Where did you buy, any specifics would help. I am not sure if they are all standard. Thanks in advance.

Bought mine at Amazon.com
They have them to fit most any model, and the copy below each one describes what it will fit (i.e. Suburban, Atwood, 6gal, 10gal, etc.). Prices are competitive.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #43
2018 FR3 30DS

We ordered our bug screens from Amazon. Don't remember the part numbers but they might not be the same for your Solera, depending on the model you have. The screens are for your water heater, furnace and refrigerator. On the water heater, I added an additional screen for the louvered vents. You will see that bugs can also go through there.
The only problem I had was with the refr. vents as I had to cut a hole in the screen for the drain tube to go through...
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #44
2018 FR3 30DS

See post #5 this thread regarding updates....Whoopee!! got my sofa today from Flexsteel...only took 11 weeks (about the same as a Solera, maybe a little less) and now have to figure out how to put it in...It doesn't come apart as we hoped it would..
Will try to get pix when installed and figure out how to post here....
Old 08-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_movin View Post
See post #5 this thread regarding updates....Whoopee!! got my sofa today from Flexsteel...only took 11 weeks (about the same as a Solera, maybe a little less) and now have to figure out how to put it in...It doesn't come apart as we hoped it would..
Will try to get pix when installed and figure out how to post here....

woo-hoo!!! Glad for you. Post pics as soon as you can - we are all looking forward to seeing it.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #46

Let us know how you get it into your rig too??
Old 08-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #47

Besides all the practical stuff I've done (or in the process of) like the sway bar, LED lighting, carpeting in the cab, wall mounted cup holders on both sides of corner bed, and other little storage things, I've also done some bling.

The industrial exhaust pipe looks pretty cheesy and the exhaust was hitting my scooter when I carry it on the hitch mounted rack so I wanted a turn down to redirect it. Saw they had a small one for the generator exhaust so decided to do them both.

Ogsarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #48

Very nice
Old 08-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #49
2018 FR3 30DS

removing the dinette

Since this thread is about mods, I think this is appropriate. First of all, I took out the table. It was surprising how heavy the table top was. Then took out the cushions, removed the screws holding the plywood "seats-pieces of plywood" in place. That was the easy part. On the side where the seat belts come out is a steel bracket bolted and screwed to the floor of the slide out. The nuts are hex head and it takes someone on the inside to hold the nuts with a 3/4 in wrench and someone underneath the slide with a 3/4 in socket wrench to remove the bolts. There is one bolt that won't come out of the slide because there is no clearance between the slide and the coach wall. So, just leave it in place and hope that it doesn't get in the way when you put something in to replace the dinette. Back to the bracket...there are many screws (with square heads) to remove and once that's done, you can remove the bracket.
Remove all the screws holding dinette components and it just comes right out...
Back to Post #44 above:
In order to get the sofa thru the door it was necessary to remove the 4 bolts on each end that hold the armrest. Then, open the sofa like it was a bed and it went right through the door with plenty of clearance on each side. Put the ends back on and you're good to go... It turned out that the bolt left in place in the slide (pure luck) was in the right place and the sofa just slid past it...

I haven't made pics yet because the manufacturer failed to include the two bolts that hold the drawer panel (a center drawer) in place.
Not advertising for this company..nor affiliated in any way with them..
Our sofa is a Flexsteel 4075-58EB and is 67 inches long and has a drawer in the center. The distance between the walls where the dinette was is 68 1/4 in so there is just a little clearance on each end. We LIKE IT!!

Our dining table has become a 48 by 24 aluminum folding table with adjusting legs (when we get it). We decided not to install any kind of table with floor mounts or the like...just go with the folding table...

Wow..sorry for the long post...
Old 08-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #50

Slow_Moving .... do post pictures when you can. I really would like to see the finished product. I use the dinette table too much to make the trade, but I still want to see it!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #51

X2 on the pic's, also would like to know where Ogsarg got the tail pipes at??
Old 08-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #52
Commercial Member

Yes, where did those pipes from? I see 2015 specs in my future. Gotta give you all reasons to upgrade.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #53

Love, love , love my LED strip lighting that runs the length my Shamrock 23IKSS on the outside.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
X2 on the pic's, also would like to know where Ogsarg got the tail pipes at??
I got both pipes from Amazon although they are available from lots of places. The large one is made by Gibson (p/n 500383)who has many styles of tips in different diameters. My pipe was 2-1/2". It's polished stainless and is very well made.

The other one is made by AP products (p/n CTD-1250). It is not as well made but won't see much duty. It fits the 1-1/4" generator pipe. I did have to cut the pipe in order to keep the tip from hitting the ladder. but no big deal.

I put some anti-sieze on the outside of the pipe when I put them on. Helped them slide on easier and hopefully will make it easier to take off if I ever need to.
Ogsarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #55

Got my MaxxAir fans last night. Hope to get it installed before taking it to Houston on Weds. But we will see. It is going to be a bit on the warm side for camping in Houston and Austin!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #56

Thanks for the info on the tail pipes, will have to look into getting some.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #57

DebbieMH

Please let me know how your Maxxair fans work out, I am considering those myself

thanks

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #58

My DW is threating to ban me from the forum. She says every time I get on it I start ordering things off the internet.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
My DW is threating to ban me from the forum. She says every time I get on it I start ordering things off the internet.
Ha-ha. My DH is too!
Old 08-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #60

Just a few more things.

New toad fully equipped to be towed
Small remodeling projects
And anything I forgot. To get.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote