Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2016, 09:42 AM   #301

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
It was fairly easy to install, although you may want to use a bandsaw for making cuts to the top and bottom rail. You could do it with a hacksaw, but you will do a better job with a bandsaw.
Once again, it looks like you've done a great job!

I've been thinking about the shower door as it's not too much money (I think? Did you order direct from SEA? And (if you don't mind) how much was it?)

As for the rail cuts, it looks like the ends of top rail are covered by the mounts? If so, the cut wouldn't make much difference? I didn't see similar mounts on the bottom rail, but they might be there...

Dave
Old 03-18-2016, 11:27 AM   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
Once again, it looks like you've done a great job!

I've been thinking about the shower door as it's not too much money (I think? Did you order direct from SEA? And (if you don't mind) how much was it?)

As for the rail cuts, it looks like the ends of top rail are covered by the mounts? If so, the cut wouldn't make much difference? I didn't see similar mounts on the bottom rail, but they might be there...

Dave
I will have to locate my invoice - I purchased it from a business in Indiana - I know that SEA is a Canadian company. I believe it cost $130 - which included shipping.

The top rails are covered at each end, but you still want a good cut, as it has to fit the curve in the covers, and a bow is always harder to fit. A bad cut might not fit the curve correctly. The bottom has no covers, so you want a clean straight cut there too.

Also - I bet it can't be 3 pounds total - cutting a lot unnecessary weight.

Hope that helps !
nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:06 PM   #303

Added a small platform between the driver and passenger seats. Allows dog to lie on it between us, and very much helps my somewhat disabled wife to move between the cab and the house. She loves it! +++++

We have been looking into something similar. Do you have a picture to share?

Richard, Wanda and LadyBug
Ramesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:31 PM   #304

Anyone know the model of the recliners that are now a option on MBS motorhomes. Where can I buy these? I would love to have them in our 24R
lwalkplumb is offline   Reply With Quote