Old 08-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #81

JL,
Which ground loop isolators did you use? I have this same problem with one of my TV's.
Thanks,
Damon

Old 08-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Agreed. I have the same thing installed.

Attachment 37554
If you live in a (Cold) area turn the fixture over where the water outlet is on the bottom side.This will allow the water to drain out of the fixture when winterizing. F/R seems to install them upside down? Youroo!!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #83
2012 Solera

I used two "Stinger" dual channel isolators on the audio (both sterio channels on input and output), Amazon.com : Stinger SGN20 Ground Loop Isolator : Car Amplifier Power & Ground Cable : Electronics
and one "Cables to GO" Composite Video isolator,
Amazon.com : C2G / Cables to Go 41145 Composite Video Isolation Transformer (Black) : Electronics
I mounted all three on the TV swing mount behind the TV - easy to access, space to mount them (although the Stinger instructions recommends mounting one of the audio isolators close to the Magnadyne). Believe I needed a male-to-male RCA adaptor for the composite isolator. Use of all the isolators cleaned up both the audio and the video quite well.
Good luck!

Jim
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #84

Ours came with a swivel passenger chair. You can also raise and lower it a bit. Would the sway bar keep it from moving so much when we're parked, I'm in bed, and my husband is walking around? Are there other brands of sway bars or is Hellwig the brand to get? I've only had this Solera M for less that 24 hours, but I already think I would like a pull-out pantry.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Kenwood DNX6990HD
Are you still liking it? Did you have to modify the dash to get it in? I've had this Solera M for less than 24 hours, and I'm already over the Magnadyne. Way to faint to see during the daytime. At the moment, I can't figure out how to turn the radio off and just have the volume on for the GPS. Last night we had GPS with no radio. We turned everything off when we sent to bed, then this morning when we turned in on the radio came on and we can't shut it off so we have the volume off. I'm missing the GPS voice telling my husband, "You're over the speed limit."
Old 08-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_movin View Post
Debbie..what we did (just last week) was to remove the Fantastic fan in the front vent and replaced the one in the bathroom (that is one noisy critter and also doesn't pull much air) with it. In the front vent we put a Maxx Air Max Fan Deluxe ...link here Airxcel | Maxxair | Maxxfan Deluxe (Manual Opening)

This is 11 speeds and is reversible and the cover opens and closes as you see fit so there is no need for an additional cover. It cost us $327 at an RV shop plus labor. There is a video showing installation and your DH might install it..or yourself if so inclined...

We ordered a Flexsteel 67" sofa 2 months ago and the dealer told us Friday that it is in transit and, hopefully, will be delivered Monday or Tuesday...fingers crossed.
Are you saying you replaced the bathroom fan with the Fantastic Fan?
Old 08-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #87

Happy Kamper

The sway bar might help with the movement while parked but stabilizers would be better. I have big foot stabilizers on my 24S but I am looking for something to put on the front of the unit to stabilize it better. Some of the group has put fantastic fans in the bath to help with circulation. Yes the Magnadyne isn't a very good unit several of us have changed out to other units Debbie and I both have Kenwood unit in ours and love them.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #88
2012 Solera

There are a number of Magnadyne threads in the forum- with suggestions on how to do various things (e.g. Magnadyne M4-LCD questions). To turn the radio off while having GPS instructions, as I remember, go to the home screen and select something you are not using (Disc? Aux?). Volume then controls GPS directions. Note that the Magnadyne (unless they have changed something since my unit) switches to "night/dim" mode when you start the Solera - the Solera uses the headlights as daytime running lights; the radio senses the headlights are "on", thinks it is night, and dims the screen. There is an icon - top left of the home or radio screen, as I remember - that switches it back to "day/bright" mode. (It is still dim relative to, say, a Garmin GPS screen - but better.) I also have found that setting the map screen on the GPS to "night color" mode - somewhere in the GPS setup screens - helps visibility of the map screen in daylight. Many of us have had to do firmware updates to avoid system resets of the Magnadyne - see the other threads if you have this issue.

Another key thing to know about the Magnadyne is the paperclip activated reset button on the front panel lower left. When all else fails...

The Magnadyne isn't great, but is workable if you learn its peculiarities. I currently use a Garmin (beanbag mount in the well above the radio) plus the Magnadyne. After adding ground loop isolators between the Magnadyne and the TV, and adjusting the sound (more treble, less bass than default) we find it acceptable as a sound system; much prefer the Garmin as GPS (though the Magnadyne GPS is working).
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #89

Couple things Happy Camper - first, so glad you like your new unit! Yes, the Kenwood unit was probably tied with the sway bar as far as our best mods. It is expensive though, so not something to really do on a whim. We use our Solera almost every weekend to go to our second home in New Orleans, so we needed a good system to make the three hour trek on Fridays and then the 3 hour trek back on Mondays! Some are ok with the Magnadyne after they get updates, so, might want to live with it for a little while and see if you get used to it. The sway bar probably doesn't help much when parked, but it does make a world of difference in the wind and trucks passing. Feels much more stable.

If you are going to get a Fantastic fan, might want to consider the MaxxAir fan that was talked about on this thread. We got one and put a fantastic fan in the bath. The MaxxAir is great and can use it as a ceiling fan with the vent closed, or you can put the fan so it will push air out or in. Again, great purchase. Fantastic fan in the bath is great as well.

We are all excited for you! Enjoy.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #90
2018 FR3 30DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Kamper View Post
Are you saying you replaced the bathroom fan with the Fantastic Fan?
Yes...we removed the little noisemaker in the bathroom vent and replaced it with the Fantastic Fan taken from the forward vent in the mh. The Fantastic Fan was replaced with a Maxxair (see DebbieMH post above) and this works great. The FF is very quiet in the br and gives you twice the exhausting fan power if so desired by running it and Maxxair at the same time.

Hope you like your Solera...