Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2016, 08:00 PM   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
I have several Winter projects going on our 2014 24R.
5. Replace the el cheapo entry door light with a black LED motion light (from Starlights). Very cool. It matches all the other black items on the 24R.
I'm liking this idea. I have a long list myself this week to do. Install a power jack on the front. Put a new foot and connections on the awning. Replace some stabilizer's. Figure out how my two fresh water tanks are connected. Plumb connections for my new generator that came in today. Put a new pigtail on the trailer. I'm sure I'll find some more to do.
RipSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:53 PM   #282
Drivestregis

BC, you don't back up with a tow vehicle. You back up after you have robed the toad. The rear camera is useless at night. DE is marker and she is not good at this chore. I usually get out twice or so when backing. A rear camera that works at night would help. My $17,500 Honda Fit has one.
2015 Honda Fit Toad
Drivestregis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:06 AM   #283
Drivestregis

I have Hellwig and Sumos. When I added Hd Bilsteins in rear, only negligible help and and made ride noticeably less smooth. I would not add Bilsteins to Sumos
Sumos do a great job improving the ride.
2015 Honda Fit Toad
Old 01-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivestregis View Post
I have Hellwig and Sumos. When I added Hd Bilsteins in rear, only negligible help and and made ride noticeably less smooth. I would not add Bilsteins to Sumos
Which Sumos do you have?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2016, 04:45 PM   #285
Drivestregis

The front Sumos have one bolt at the top. The rear Sumos slide in. The rear Sumos do not have volts or screws and do not attach to the spring.
2015 Honda Fit Toad
Old 01-31-2016, 02:41 AM   #286

What model did you use for the rear?
Dogpa

2016 Solera 24R
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 10:15 AM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivestregis View Post
Wondering; when you say the Sumos do "a great job improving the ride" can you just give a before after comparison, so I know what that stand alone brings. Thanks
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:03 AM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpa View Post
What model did you use for the rear?
Based on his description of no screws, etc., I think he's got the basic bump stops - product number SSR-338-47. The more expensive replacement appears to include a U-bolt connection to the axle.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:09 PM   #289

That's what I was thinking as well but would like to know what the ride difference is between the bump stops and the more expensive bolt on ones.

Dogpa

2016 Solera 24R
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:17 PM   #290

I just ordered the ride rite air bags. According to the reviews they can't be beat.
RipSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:12 AM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipSteele View Post
I just ordered the ride rite air bags. According to the reviews they can't be beat.
Huh. I checked their web site, but couldn't find any reference to products for the Sprinter chassis. Are you upgrading a Solera or one of the other MBS models???

Dave
Old 03-01-2016, 07:28 AM   #292

Reworked 24R bathroom sink area

I thought the 10 cent sink and plastic faucet were not befitting a $80k+ RV, so I spent a little money and effort making it look more like what you see in a Winnebago View.

The faucet was cracked anyway, so I looked for a 'small' single-handle faucet, and found this American Standard at Lowes on clearance. I think a single-handle faucet is much easier to use in a small space like the 24R.

The sink I got from Amazon Warehouse Deals - it is 'marine grade' made by Ambassador. Be careful buying sinks - they have several on eBay for $25-$50, but they do not look to be of very good quality - Chinese mostly.

The tile are interesting - they are called 'Smart Tiles', and are self-stick - no grout, and look very nice. Both Lowes and Home Depot sell similar tiles. These are from Home Depot - $10 for a 10"x10" sheet, so I had $30 in them for the bathroom. I also put them over the 'also kinda cheap' paper tiles in the kitchen.

PS - I don't know why the forum flipped the picture sideways - it is not that way on my computer...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1301.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	100799  
nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:25 AM   #293

Quote:
I thought the 10 cent sink and plastic faucet were not befitting a $80k+ RV, so I spent a little money and effort making it look more like what you see in a Winnebago View.

Great look! Is that the ambassador oval sink ... in brushed finish? Maybe the small one - 13-1/4 x 10-1/2?

Did you also replace the vanity top?

Dave
Old 03-01-2016, 09:35 AM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
Great look! Is that the ambassador oval sink ... in brushed finish? Maybe the small one - 13-1/4 x 10-1/2?

Did you also replace the vanity top?

Dave
Dave - you are exactly right - it is the Ambassador Oval in Brushed finish in 13 1/4 x 10 1/2. I think it was $78 delivered. Fits perfectly, although I had to come up with my own brackets to tighten it against the vanity top. The top is the one it came with - formica, not the newer one-piece, but is pretty nice. I also was able to install the standard drain stopper that came with the faucet. Nice to not have to use that kinda cheap plastic drain plug.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #295

Great improvements, well done!
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #296

Love it!!!

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:22 PM   #297

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:15 AM   #298

Was your old sink the same?

Quote:

The faucet was cracked anyway, so I looked for a 'small' single-handle faucet, and found this American Standard at Lowes on clearance. I think a single-handle faucet is much easier to use in a small space like the 24R.

The sink I got from Amazon Warehouse Deals - it is 'marine grade' made by Ambassador. Be careful buying sinks - they have several on eBay for $25-$50, but they do not look to be of very good quality - Chinese mostly.

The tile are interesting - they are called 'Smart Tiles', and are self-stick - no grout, and look very nice. Both Lowes and Home Depot sell similar tiles. These are from Home Depot - $10 for a 10"x10" sheet, so I had $30 in them for the bathroom. I also put them over the 'also kinda cheap' paper tiles in the kitchen.

PS - I don't know why the forum flipped the picture sideways - it is not that way on my computer...
I really like the sink replacement you did - looks great. I have the Forester MBS which is a little different in some areas. I've attached a photo of the sink I currently have and wondered if this is the same style/type that you replaced? If so, any issues or tips you can share with me, as I intend to steal your idea.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2026.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	101592  
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:22 AM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
I really like the sink replacement you did - looks great. I have the Forester MBS which is a little different in some areas. I've attached a photo of the sink I currently have and wondered if this is the same style/type that you replaced? If so, any issues or tips you can share with me, as I intend to steal your idea.

Thanks!
Our 2015 24R original sink was oval and the counter is formica, so we kept the same formica and searched for the same size/style sink. Some time after they made my 2015 model they went to the larger rectangular sink and a composite counter like you have. You could replace the counter and do a different style sink like mine, but then the new counter would probably not match the table and kitchen counter. Otherwise, you will have to stick with the same shape sink because that is the hole you have. I have not searched for a stainless version of your sink, so that is where I would start.

At the very least, you could replace the faucet with a nickel or black/bronze - maybe a single-handle, and add the tile backsplash. Be careful to find the 'smallest' faucet you can, since there is not much room between the sink and the wall.

Hope that helps !
Old 03-18-2016, 06:23 AM   #300

As Promised - New Shower Door Installed

Based on a post last year, I liked the idea of replacing the 70lb, rattly glass shower door on my 2015 24R with a vinyl and metal model from SEA. It was fairly easy to install, although you may want to use a bandsaw for making cuts to the top and bottom rail. You could do it with a hacksaw, but you will do a better job with a bandsaw.

The illustrations in the instructions are very faint and small, so it is hard to follow. I had SEA send me electronic versions that were a little better. It would be best if they used a combination of pictures and drawings.

I threw in a picture of the smart-tiles I put around the stove to replace the paper tiles that came with the 24R. You don't even have to remove the paper tiles - you can tile right over them !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1326.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	102214   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1327.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	102215   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1328.jpg
Views:	169