Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #101

Latest Purchase: Oxygenics shower head, and a grab bar for the screen door. OK, all you who have recommended the Oxygenics - you better be right about it saving water, else I'll send you all a bill!

As for the grab bar, seems like every time I need to close the door, I pull the sliding thingy out of the slot. so hopefully this will cure my absentmindedness!
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
Latest Purchase: Oxygenics shower head, and a grab bar for the screen door. OK, all you who have recommended the Oxygenics - you better be right about it saving water, else I'll send you all a bill!

As for the grab bar, seems like every time I need to close the door, I pull the sliding thingy out of the slot. so hopefully this will cure my absentmindedness!
I don't know about saving water as much as you will like the more powerful stream of water! You will like it ....
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I don't know about saving water as much as you will like the more powerful stream of water! You will like it ....
Hmmm. More powerful stream with same amount of water! Maybe same power stream with less amount of water? Either way, should be an improvement!

Old 09-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #104

The oxygen shower head uses 1.7 GPM. Not sure how that compares to the stock head, maybe someone wants to do a volume test to compare as their installing.
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteSolera View Post
The oxygen shower head uses 1.7 GPM. Not sure how that compares to the stock head, maybe someone wants to do a volume test to compare as their installing.
Great idea. When I finally get around to installing, I think I'll do that!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #106
2018 FR3 30DS

Today...added a Progressive Industries EMS PT30C surge protector. EMS-PT30C

Taylorsgo,,,we have 2 oxygenics shower heads...one for mh and other for household. They say that it will remove shampoo from even the thickest manes..don't know about that cause for me there's no hair there...
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #107

SlowMovin... I'm fast getting to that point myself. Maybe I can try it out on Mistie.

And I finally got my metal valve stems installed. They look like the solution to all the tire problems everyone has had with the old rubber valve stems and add-on extenders. These are one-piece and are long enough to extend through the wheel covers and still have room for the tire pressure sensors. Can't figure out Mercedes putting rubber stems that are only rated for 65psi in a tire rated for 80psi. Oh... I get it now, they recommend running at a lower pressure! I'll now be running mine at 70psi; curious how it will affect my mileage!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #108

Taylorgso...Where

Did you get the metal valve stems?
TIA
Old 09-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #109

Metal Valve Stems

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hoinar View Post
Did you get the metal valve stems?
TIA
Got them here (here's a link) - Your Tire Shop Supply | Supplies for Tire Shops
You might want to go ahead and give them a call. Speak to Bill Falkenborg
Phone is 800-300-2674
Bill has apparently sold Metal stem sets for several Sprinter Motorhomes. He knew exactly what I was talking about when I called. I got this referral from another post on the forum.

By the way, my tire guy only charged $8 per tire to install the stems and rebalance all 6 tires. I couldn't believe it! I had a quote from another tire dealer who wanted $15/tire. Needless to say, the two guys who did the installation got a nice well-deserved tip.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #110

Has anyone added a shelf &/or cup holder(s) near the bed? The 2013 24S is basically great but needs some place to put a book or water glass.
Thanks.........PaDawg
PaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #111

I put a small shelf on each side of the bed, just big enough for a cup and or cell phone or anything else. got them at Menards.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
I put a small shelf on each side of the bed, just big enough for a cup and or cell phone or anything else. got them at Menards.
Picture, please!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #113

I have them high enough to be out of the way you could put them lower if need be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0006.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	39825   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0008.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	39826  
Old 09-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #114

We're looking for a windshield cover for our 2013 24S. Camping World has one about $60 with mesh-type "windows". Is this the one we seeon the lists of 'mods & purchases' ?
Old 09-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaDawg View Post
We're looking for a windshield cover for our 2013 24S. Camping World has one about $60 with mesh-type "windows". Is this the one we seeon the lists of 'mods & purchases' ?
I got mine at Camping world for around that price. Love it!

Name:	image-1048667485.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	40070
Old 10-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #116

"one piece metal tire valve stems"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
Got them here (here's a link) - Your Tire Shop Supply | Supplies for Tire Shops
You might want to go ahead and give them a call. Speak to Bill Falkenborg
Phone is 800-300-2674
Bill has apparently sold Metal stem sets for several Sprinter Motorhomes. He knew exactly what I was talking about when I called. I got this referral from another post on the forum.
Just a Quick Note, I had Stainless Steel "Extenders" installed on my tires for my first trip in my 2013 Solera 24S to hopefully alleviate any tire problems two months ago. Anyway, I had nothing but problems with the “Airless Extenders” from Orlando-Tucson-Albuquerque-Dallas-Canyon Lake-Orlando. The main problem was the extenders were vibrating off the rubber tire stems in the wheel well and leaking pressure. I ended up loosing an inner tire enroute. They were not one piece tied into the 16" steel tire wheel well. Now they are and I would highly recommend them. You can also install a tire pressure monitor with these at a later date if it meets your needs. Just some "Food for Thought." Good Luck and Happy Travels.

CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #117

JLeising
Where did you purchase Sprinter windshield sunscreen? Many thanks to you for sharing your many great ideas.
rdjjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #118
2012 Solera

It has been a while - I think I bought this windshield screen from Amazon: Sunshade for DODGE SPRINTER PASSENGER VAN 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 HEATSHIELD Windshield Custom-fit Sunshade:Amazon:Automotive
Jim
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #119

Camping World online, my pic looks just like DebbieMH above!
Enjoy.......Padawg
Old 10-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #120

We ordered windshield covers for our Solera online from Fancher's Upholstery Inc. They make the screen specifically for your model and year when you order it, yet the service is quite fast. There are different colors available as well as choices of sunshade or sunblock. We had one of each made, and we are very happy with them! They each fit like a glove, have powerful magnets, and the top corners fit over the cab doors to keep them in place. They also have loops sewn in so they can be secured to the door handles, too, but we were sitting in 25 mph winds this past weekend, and they weren't moving at all, so we've not used that feature yet. We found Fancher's by a Google search and are really happy we did!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5300-001.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	41406