Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #201

I use these: Chamberlain CWA2000 Wireless Motion Alert System (Black)
From amazon. One receiver will handle six alarms. Nobody walks the perimeter of the house without me being notified bedside. There is no warning to the tresspasser.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:27 PM   #202
Bus Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Have been looking at this Wilson signal booster for my 24R and I can not figure out how to mount the antenna on the roof. Everything up there seems to be fiberglass any suggestions?

Wilson Mobile 4G RV Signal Booster Kit for Voice, 3G & 4G LTE
I too, am strongly considering this addition. However, I think I am just going to use the "standard" antenna that looks like this

I will "glue" the base to the roof with a wad of RTV - adhesive sealant and feed the wire down through an existing opening like the refrigerator vent

THIS is the model I will use and it's a tad cheaper
Deaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #203

BTW, at present I think the ride and handling requires no additional mods. But that is just me.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #204

Where do you get the fan remote? I have to stand on the dinette seat to reach the controls.
PNWTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWTraveler View Post
Where do you get the fan remote? I have to stand on the dinette seat to reach the controls.
Try this. When collapsed, it stores neatly behind the passenger seat. http://www.amazon.com/Plastics-101-6...Folding+Stools
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #206

^^^^ I bought one of those for our little one to get to the toilet. Super convenient to have in the rig.

2015 Solera 24R

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #207

Actually, I do have one of those...but need a few more inches.
We also need something taller for outside (such as washing the rig).
Last night we talked about the ladder included for getting into the over cab bed. We store it in the aft storage compartment, but need to perhaps install brackets to hold it against the forward wall. (When it is stored by the bed by the door people have a tendency to grab it with their right hand when entering and breaking the plastic snap holders--plus we don't use it much.) Anyway, it would be nice if it could double as an outdoor ladder. Not sure that is feasible.

All to say that over all there are three heights of ladders that would be handy, but no way we want to carry three ladders.
PNWTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #208

When I can get access to my computer I will post a link to the fan remote site.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:33 PM   #209

I have a 2 inch mattress topper on the overhead bunk. I just slide the ladder under it when not deployed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #210

Quote:
This is not the original source I used, but it is the same kit.
Fan-Tastic Vent Upgrade Kit 7350 - 807359
Old 04-08-2015, 04:48 PM   #211
2018 FR3 30DS

PNW Traveler

Have 2015 24R. We removed the fantastic fan in the living room and put it in the bathroom (took out the whirring noisemaker and gave it to the man at the rv shop). We replaced the Fantastic fan with a Maxxair model 7000K which is white with a remote and also has a cover so you can leave the vent open all the time, even when traveling. We got it at Amazon and the price today is $240.51. Also purchased removable vent covers for the bedroom and bathroom vents so we can leave them open as we want to. We got removable covers that come off for cleaning the vents if needed, This is the second time we have done this....traded out 2011 in last year. Somewhere on this thread is a post by me and the lady opening this thread.
The remote is great as it opens the vent and controls the fan speed which is reversible (fan is reversible). Also has a thermostat.

See post #5 this thread.
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #212

Wireless perimeter alert...?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
I use these: Chamberlain CWA2000 Wireless Motion Alert System (Black)
From amazon. One receiver will handle six alarms. Nobody walks the perimeter of the house without me being notified bedside. There is no warning to the tresspasser.
Actually "Hog"...

Just answer the door in your Big Foot get-up and scare hell out them!
Your Yeti PIC is insane!! Funny too. They'll never bother you again...
Pixelbum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:41 AM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_movin View Post
Have 2015 24R. We removed the fantastic fan in the living room and put it in the bathroom (took out the whirring noisemaker and gave it to the man at the rv shop). We replaced the Fantastic fan with a Maxxair model 7000K which is white with a remote and also has a cover so you can leave the vent open all the time, even when traveling. We got it at Amazon and the price today is $240.51. Also purchased removable vent covers for the bedroom and bathroom vents so we can leave them open as we want to. We got removable covers that come off for cleaning the vents if needed, This is the second time we have done this....traded out 2011 in last year. Somewhere on this thread is a post by me and the lady opening this thread.
The remote is great as it opens the vent and controls the fan speed which is reversible (fan is reversible). Also has a thermostat.

See post #5 this thread.
Is the maxair quieter than the fantastic fan? I'd like to reduce the noise level in the coach.
Ogsarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #214
2018 FR3 30DS

Ogsarg

I would say that the loudness of these fans depends on the speed at which they are running. Usually when on low or medium speeds, we barely hear either of them. We generally run the Fantastic fan in the bathroom when showering to help pull out moisture that otherwise might cause mold or mildew; also helps to dry things down.
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:01 PM   #215

Quote:
Here is the original site I bought the fan remote kit from. Comes with everything you need to upgrade the fan for $179.99.
Fantastic Vent, Fantastic Fan Upgrade Kits,rv vent
Old 05-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_movin View Post
Today...added a Progressive Industries EMS PT30C surge protector. EMS-PT30C

Taylorsgo,,,we have 2 oxygenics shower heads...one for mh and other for household. They say that it will remove shampoo from even the thickest manes..don't know about that cause for me there's no hair there...
Slow_movin I ordered the hardwired EMS-PT30C on accident, originally was going to get the portable one. Now that I have it, was wondering where you mounted yours or any other info I might need to install. I have a 2015 24R
HossHogRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #217
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossHogRV View Post
Slow_movin I ordered the hardwired EMS-PT30C on accident, originally was going to get the portable one. Now that I have it, was wondering where you mounted yours or any other info I might need to install. I have a 2015 24R
Best place to mount it "if" you can is right behind the distribution center.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #218
2012 Solera 24S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossHogRV View Post
See this post if you're asking about the Solera:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...30c-78927.html
Nats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:36 AM   #219

HI, could you put a picture of how you cut away your bathroom wall. We are interested in doing this also. Thanks
Rottiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #220
2012 Solera

Bathroom wall mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottiemom View Post
HI, could you put a picture of how you cut away your bathroom wall. We are interested in doing this also. Thanks
Not sure if this is directed to me. If so I recently posted pictures on this thread:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-81586-2.html

Note ours is a 2012 Solera "S". Not sure of how applicable to other vehicles.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote