Mods to Dinette to improve storage
Our Solera R was new to us just two weeks ago. We decided to take it on road over Christmas to the southern US. After recieving the unit it was easy to see that clothing storage was minimal for four people. I decided to modify the dinette seats to create seperate bins for each of us. The factory drawers though convienient to use made poor use of the available space.
I removed the plywood cover and the drawers. Under the forward facing seat the seatbelt bracket required creating a new floor in part of the area. After installing the new floor in this area I cut dividers to seperate the area into individual bins. My business has a full cabinet shop with a CNC machine which I used to cut all the parts. The new cover is designed in such a way that after you remove the seat back there is enough room to store the seat bottom behind the hinge. The seatbelt side of course also has cutouts for the seatbelts.
I installed overlay hinges on the removed drawerfaces to allow access to the front bins.
The modification has improved the storage volume by over 500 percent. The modification has worked well for us.
I have attached some pictures. It seems I can only attach 5 at a time, so I will post the last 3 in a separate post.