Old 03-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #21
Mine is 110cc and perfect for a quick ride to the store. I got a 2010 leftover Honda for around $3k. It tops out at around 50 with my wife on the back and gets 98 mpg.

Lcblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #22
Posts: 1,330 looks like I'm getting a Vespa LX150... It is a wonderful scooter but pricey...way more than I wanted to spend but I'm so damned big that after sitting and banging my knees on every scoot under 250cc...this is the only one I can drive.
Those of you over 6ft. but under 6'4 have a lot more quality choices for less and if anyone is interested for tall people I'd recomment the Kymco Like200, The Sym Fiddle2, The Lance Havana and Cali (built by SYM), The Genuine Buddy 170, and the Genuine Stella150 or the new 125automatic. I would have been happy with the quality and price of any of these if I only fit!
Will report on the Vespa performance after I've had it for a while. 245 lbs is easy to carry on almost any hitch and it should take even me down the road at over 50mph.

camaraderie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #23
Hanging a "Motorbike" off your Trailer's Bumper can be done but you really need to do some work adding additional support (or as in my experience) replace it with something more substantial:

See this thread:
Bike rack

To avoid things like this:

2011 Work & Play 27UL and 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins.
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #24
Since you're calling it a "motorbike" rather than a "motorcycle", I'm assuming you're British. To Americans, a "motorbike' is one of those ridiculous welded gas-pipe miniatures with a Briggs & Stratton lawn-mower engine.

I'm a former Norton-Villiers develpment engineer, heavily involved in both the Norton Commando and AJS Stormer programs. I bailed out to join Boeing in 1968.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #25
Motorbike anyone

NO NO Frank. This is not about those small ridiculous things. I am 6"4' and I cannot see myself on one of these. I am Canadian, and we call motorcycles "bikes" " motorbikes" and also "motorcycles". I got two of these but they are too heavy and many people's excellent replies above her helped me to think about the third, but lighter one.

Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote