Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #21

We named our 24R. SHOP. Reason, cause it's been in the shop more than we have had it out using it.
Tinbender1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbender1947 View Post
We named our 24R. SHOP. Reason, cause it's been in the shop more than we have had it out using it.
Wow - sorry.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #23

Tinbender - I feel your pain. We picked up our Solera on Sat. 8/24 and had to take it into Freightliner on Mon. 8/26.... she has a transmission shudder. We have barely seen her let alone gotten to know her so no name so far.
Fla Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbender1947 View Post
Well we got her out of the shop today. Was there for 11 days. Now we have to reload all the necessary "stuff" back in. First have to remember where I put things in order to reload them. But goin have a small trial run, shake down cruise if you will, before we wander too far from home. From now on favorite saying will be "where did I put that?"
Thanks aa
Old 09-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #25
2011 Georgetown 350TS

Betty Boop...
Leismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla Lizard View Post
Tinbender - I feel your pain. We picked up our Solera on Sat. 8/24 and had to take it into Freightliner on Mon. 8/26.... she has a transmission shudder. We have barely seen her let alone gotten to know her so no name so far.
Do you have visitation rights?
Old 09-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #27

We drove past on the way home from dinner and waved . She may be ours but she is much more intimate with "Sprinter Steve" her tech.
Fla Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #28

We decided on Dream Weaver. Got my Sway bar on, still waiting on the shocks. Heading to Hunting Iland on the 19th.
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
Palmyra,VA
MountainTrippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTrippers View Post
We decided on Dream Weaver. Got my Sway bar on, still waiting on the shocks. Heading to Hunting Iland on the 19th.
"Dream Weaver"... great name.
Just finished a 4000+ mile trip in our 24M. She did GREAT. We did have to have the Sprinter software updated after we got a false DEF light, but other than that, no problems. And without the sway bar, I'd hate to have had to negotiate those crosswinds driving across the plains.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #30

Great name! How was South Dakota? Looks like you left our state just in time to miss the 43 plus inches in Lead/Deadwood and almost the same in Spearfish!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #31

South Dakota Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengirl View Post
Great name! How was South Dakota? Looks like you left our state just in time to miss the 43 plus inches in Lead/Deadwood and almost the same in Spearfish!
Wonderful trip. Balmy weather the whole time, a couple nights in the 40's, but warm days. Don't you know those areas are absolutely gorgeous with that snow! SWMBO kept saying she'd love to live out there, but I warned her that winter was on the way... just didn't realize it would come so soon. Our friend in Spearfish actually flew to Greensboro on business while we were driving back - now he's stranded here! Regret not being able to get to Yankton - maybe next time. We did get to meet and have dinner with HKreck and Tena when we got to Iowa.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
Wonderful trip. Balmy weather the whole time, a couple nights in the 40's, but warm days. Don't you know those areas are absolutely gorgeous with that snow! SWMBO kept saying she'd love to live out there, but I warned her that winter was on the way... just didn't realize it would come so soon. Our friend in Spearfish actually flew to Greensboro on business while we were driving back - now he's stranded here! Regret not being able to get to Yankton - maybe next time. We did get to meet and have dinner with HKreck and Tena when we got to Iowa.
Glad you had a good time and that the weather was nice. Yes, the Hills are gorgeous with snow ... we love being there when it snows. We came home Tuesday and the snow started Friday ... there was 31" in the area of our cabin. That might be a bit much! Hope you can make it to Yankton next time. We have 30 amp at the house and at hubby's shop in town, too, so if you need a place, you are welcome! I bet you had fun meeting HKreck and Tena in Iowa.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengirl View Post
I bet you had fun meeting HKreck and Tena in Iowa.
Sure did. I looked in the encyclopedia under "FANTASTIC COUPLE" and there was a picture of them!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #34

We hope to take a trip across country next spring. Only have 2500 miles so far. Some minor problems, nothing to worry about till end of season. After this winter the season will be year round.
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
Palmyra,VA
MountainTrippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #35
Anacortesians

I refer to ours as the "pale pachyderm", which is polite Brit-speak for "white elephant'.

We love the lifestyle, but we're finding the costs to be prohibitive on a fixed retiree income. I suspect that next year will be our final hurrah.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
I refer to ours as the "pale pachyderm", which is polite Brit-speak for "white elephant'.

We love the lifestyle, but we're finding the costs to be prohibitive on a fixed retiree income. I suspect that next year will be our final hurrah.
Frank & Eileen: Hate to hear that. We're in a camping club full of retirees! What most of us do is limit the distance we travel for our camping trips (No more Florida Winters, etc.) and try to stay in State/National Parks where the fees are lower. Lots of ways to cut down on the expenses. If leaving home for extended periods, turn the heat down low, or A/C up higher. And we almost NEVER eat out in a restaurant when traveling - always cook in the camper.

Hope you find a way to continue the lifestyle you love!

Ed
Old 10-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #37

Mobi Domi
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera