Old 07-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #11

Try this:
Air-Flexx Valve Extensions

Should be 75 and 145 mm

Old 07-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #12

I contacted Myers about these and was just informed the most popular are the 7 1/4" or 185 mm, I got the 5 11/16" 145 mm for the outside duels and already have the 7 1/4" for the inside duel

hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #13

bclemens can you answer?

I see two different answers from Mikegjax and Hkreck on which lengths of Air-flexx extensions to buy. I have the stainless steel wheels. Can you advise which lengths Forest River recommends?
Old 07-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #14

tommyb

I have the 7 1/4" Air-Flexx on my rear duels which came from the factory that way. That's 7 1/4" on the inside and outside duels. I'm replacing the ones on the outside duels with the 5 11/16" to make them a little shorter but staying with the 7 1/4" for the inside duels. Something I noticed on the Air-Flexx web site is they state DO NOT secure the extensions to the wheel. Just FYI there.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
tommyb

I have the 7 1/4" Air-Flexx on my rear duels which came from the factory that way. That's 7 1/4" on the inside and outside duels. I'm replacing the ones on the outside duels with the 5 11/16" to make them a little shorter but staying with the 7 1/4" for the inside duels. Something I noticed on the Air-Flexx web site is they state DO NOT secure the extensions to the wheel. Just FYI there.
Hreck, wheel or wheel cover? I'm guessing wheel cover in the event it seperates from the wheel, and takes the air-flexx, and valve stem with it.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #16

That is interesting! Mine came with 5 11/16 (145) and 2 15/16 (75).
Old 07-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #17

Still kickin

According to the info on their site it shouldn't matter if the air-flex goes off with it as there's no pressure or air in the extension until you press in on the stem, However I could see your point about taking the valve stem with it. Any case I'm just going by what they stated.

Mikegjax
That's interesting I wish my had come that way make more sense than all four of them being the same length.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #18

To heck with extensions...

I decided to go with solid metal valve stems, instead of using extensions, as referenced by CaptDan and Taylorgso.

Spoke to Bill Falkenborg of yourtireshopsupply.com Phone is 800-300-2674. He was very knowledgeable and stands behind his product 100%.

The one that fits my Solera (2011 on 2011 Freightliner) is:
DL1SPFR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit with Front Stems

He also said that he would welcome the opportunity to send samples to Forest River for evaluation. Bclemens, are you listening? Give him a call.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
I decided to go with solid metal valve stems, instead of using extensions, as referenced by CaptDan and Taylorgso.

Spoke to Bill Falkenborg of yourtireshopsupply.com Phone is 800-300-2674. He was very knowledgeable and stands behind his product 100%.

The one that fits my Solera (2011 on 2011 Freightliner) is:
DL1SPFR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit with Front Stems

He also said that he would welcome the opportunity to send samples to Forest River for evaluation. Bclemens, are you listening? Give him a call.
"GOOD FOR YOU"-As I have stated before:
Just a Quick Note, I had Stainless Steel "Extenders" installed on my tires for my first trip in my 2013 Solera 24S to hopefully alleviate any tire problems two months ago. Anyway, I had nothing but problems with the “Airless Extenders” from Orlando-Tucson-Albuquerque-Dallas-Canyon Lake-Orlando. The main problem was the extenders were vibrating off the rubber tire stems in the wheel well and leaking pressure. I ended up loosing an inner tire enroute. They were not one piece tied into the 16" steel tire wheel well. Now they are and I would highly recommend them. You can also install a tire pressure monitor with these at a later date if it meets your needs. Just some "Food for Thought." Good Luck and Happy Travels.