Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
How did this Solera Motorhome thread get overrun with trailers?
I think it shows up when someone searches for "New Member"...or something like that...and folks don't realize it's part of the Solera forum.

Dave
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:24 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
How did this Solera Motorhome thread get overrun with trailers?
Can you say "hijack" ?? Moved the trailer posts here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ers-75650.html

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:59 PM   #23
Commercial Member

No worries, just curious where the invasion was coming from.

Scratch that...We just want to keep the motorhome threads closed and exclusive so everyone wants to trade in their trailer for a Class C motorhome...just to see what all the fuss is about.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #24

That's what I did
So much easier to deal with so we end up camping a lot more

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:07 PM   #25

Hey Everyone,

Glad to join the forum. The HTT is a new toy as of last year. Still pretty green on my trailer knowledge, so I am hoping to learn what I can from everyone and their experiences.

Shamrocket
Shamrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:54 AM   #26

Congratulations Shamrock. .. Welcome to the group.
Cow Bell
2010 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner Deluxe
chpence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:02 PM   #27

Hi All,
New to the forum and sayin' Hello to you all. I've learned a great deal from this forum and want to thank those who set this up and those who have been posting.

FixedWing
2011 Solera 24S
Old 05-26-2015, 05:24 PM   #28

Welcome aboard FixedWing...!
Cow Bell
2010 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner Deluxe
chpence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #29

Welcome aboard and keep the oily side down.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:25 PM   #30

Thanks for adding me!
I've been camping for almost 35 years, started with a 1967 Cox tent pop up that I refurbished, then I moved up in 2005 to a Keystone Hornet 30FKS and in June 2015 I traded up to a new Puma 31BHSS.
We love the floor plan, and this is our first year as a seasonal family. Look forward to reading about everyone's experiences in this past time that we all enjoy!

2015 Puma 31BHSS, 2005 Chevy Silverado2500HD
Puma31BHSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #31

Hello my name is Rodney I am new to Forest River Community this year.

I have 2016 Sandpiper Select 32RE travel trailer I order it with cold weather package, 2nd AC unit, power jack, 80 watts solar for a starter, I could only get 2 of 3 awning for my side-out, engineering flaw with my fridge with the vent for mounting!

Is there a way to mount a bracket so I can have the other awning installed?

Been in the unit for 5 months everything great only couple small things of little disappointment screw in the shower drain rust wasn't stainless steel. $2.00

My exhaust fan when out in the first week but they cover that under warranty.

The park is a little substandard but it was a great test run to see how the solar work meet to my satisfactory.

I look down the road for a new Solar panel and a converter to run the microwave and TV on its own, is my plans.

Spend for the surge protector for the unit because electronics don't do too well on power surge, high & low voltage and spikes.

In 1990 when I had a 1979 Fleetwood Wilderness I use 90% working on the road full-time except winter up north until 1999. Do I did some traveling.

My father retired out of the RV business as mechanic for 30 years and he had his own personal clientele that would come to the house for winterizing & small projects. Father would charge a few dollars for his time.

Which he works from one business to another business that would treat him fair and not involve him in fraud.

At 25 years in Navy working on airplanes and it wasn't worth to lose his pension that he acquired from 1976 still alive.

So I do have a little bit experience with RVs as my dads "jack of trades master of none"!

Thank you for time to read.

I enjoy reading the other forms, but can take some time to read.

If possible in the future to break it down into categories and subcategories could make a little bit easier to navigate.

Thank you
Rodney
littonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #32

Hello my name is Rodney & writing again today.

I have tried to look for a form on this site since summer on winter camping full-time in the Great Lakes in the winter season.

I know Monroe Michigan at the campground they're using foil-back styrofoam with the HVAC foil tape when it was -35°.

I was planning on using 1" foil-back Styrofoam with the foil-tape with putting my 2) 22" water filter & water softener under neath the Travel Trailer I do have cold weather package on my 2016 Sandpiper Select.

I know I need heat tape for my waterline and sewer line.

Has anybody use that insulated water lines for RV and if so is that water line flexible and will stay in place if you bend it?

I was thinking about installing C- channel underneath the trailer so it would be secure underneath the trailer so it be easier for the next winter.

If you've been doing this or no others, I'd be interested and how they secured for easy installation.

Thank you

Rodney
littonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:21 PM   #33

Just joined and am excited to get some opinions and help from fellow Forest River owners. Hope I can help as well. Last year purchased our 31KQBTS and love it. I could live in it if the wife would let me.
Livnlrg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:26 PM   #34
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnlrg1 View Post
Just joined and am excited to get some opinions and help from fellow Forest River owners. Hope I can help as well. Last year purchased our 31KQBTS and love it. I could live in it if the wife would let me.
Livnlrg1, not that we don't want you around...you are welcome in this forum too, but just wanted you to be aware that you posted in a motorhome sub forum. It is new member with questions, but under a motorhome brand.

Again, welcome...but if you want specific trailer information there is another forum for that. From your model number...looks like a salem or wildwood.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f20/

Old 02-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #35
Commercial Member

nevermind...looks like you found it

Old 06-12-2016, 07:42 PM   #36

My family and I recently purchased our first pop-up, a 2016 Rockwood Premier coach. We love it and have been camping throughout Florida. I joined the forum to show support for my fellow campers and for trouble shooting issues. So here is my first dilemma. Water will not pump into the toilet anymore when I press the fill button. I do hear the motor pumping but no water comes out. Water works everywhere else, and I have filled the water holding tank.

Any suggestions?
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:50 PM   #37
Site Team

More than likely some crud from the WH or lines have blocked the flush valve. It is a fairly easy job to remove it and clean it. One caution. Be sure the pump is off and the pressure in the water system is released ( open a faucet). Also have a few towels ready as a little water may drain out.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:05 PM   #38

Thank you for the quick response!
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all american sport, american/canadian sport, canadian sport, sport