Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2015, 05:27 PM   #1

New mods on Solera

Couple of new mods on my Solera, Front stabilizer jacks just installed a month ago. And a plexi glass window installed on the door last week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0798.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	381.2 KB
ID:	80780   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0799.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	80781  
Old 06-22-2015, 06:24 PM   #2

Would like more info on front stabilizers:

Who makes the stabilizers?
Model Number?
Cost?
How difficult was the install and how long did it take?
Thanks- John
jlewis3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:34 PM   #3

John
These are Bigfoot stabilizers from Quadra, it's a two point Manual system with a pump on each jack. They cost around $2500, not sure of the model # their 12" jacks. They are some what hard to install as the area involved is pretty tight. Hardest part is getting under the unit to work and then drilling the holes in the frame for the brackets. It took me about 3 week ends to install mostly because my MH wasn't where I could work on it during free time. Total hours I'd say was about 8-10. I tried to get a local dealer to do the work but because they didn't carry MB Sprinters they didn't want to do it. Maybe you'd have better luck.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:11 AM   #4

Thanks. Will check it out.
jlewis3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #5

Dear Henry-
Would these or "any" stabilizers have to be installed necessarily that far up? Why not install, say, a manual scissor-style jack around the mid section to each side of the frame?
Would they not be effective there? Was thinking about adding my own to the tune of around $120- per, each side, diy with the drilling, and more room to do it. They are more
like the BAL jacks as on my former Airstream which were lowered\raised using the proverbial long turn handle which had a socket on the end. What think you? -pB

PS: Am primarily just interested in stopping some of the rocking motion when
parked at the CG(esp. with the slide out) tho the sway control bar seems to do a lot of that, and
hopefully Sumo Springs (X4) when I can get them diy installed too...on my
2011 Solera SS
Pixelbum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #6

Hi Pixelbum1

I did consider the scissor jacks before going with these. One thing to consider is the MB frame, the quadra system comes with a bracket which is designed for the MB frame. Another thing is the weight of the Solera I don't know the weight difference between the Solera and Airstream but it may be something to consider.

On my maiden trip with the new jacks, if I stayed at a CG one night I just used the rear jacks more than one night I used the front and back and it did make a difference, stopped the rocking and the slide making the unit go off level.

Each to there own as they say, you go with what makes you happy.

Tags
solera, modifications