Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #1

New Orleans RV Show

We went to the NOLA RV show today. Went through every C there, and more A's than I can count. I can safely say, I didn't find one I liked better than our Solera. The Solera has "personality"! Our friend who just purchased a FR Lexington, felt the same way - he's very happy with his Forest River purchase. There were some very Impressive 5th wheels, but a 5th wheel doesn't meet our needs. Anyway, thanks Forest River! It's nice to go to a show and come away with the feeling that you have the best unit that can be had.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #2

That's great. We just were at a show this past weekend in PA looking to hopefully see a Solera MS but no luck. Some questions my DH has, how does it drive in wind? We like the fact that it seems you can park almost anywhere. We also do mainly long weekends or even day trips, but also do a week long trip a year in it so this looks great. Are the seats comfortable? That's very important. I've seen some that look nice but the seats were hard as a rock.
cjscott143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #3

I don't think anything this un-aerodynamic does real well in wind, but it is better than bigger class A's. We love ours- we are currently enjoying St Rosa RV resort in Navarre Beach, FL!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #4

Smile

You're right, Debbie. We downsized from a 38' Pusher. Even with steering stabilizer it wanted to wander in the wind or when a big truck went by. So far we're really pleased with our new Solera, almost no noticeable sheer when 18-wheelers pass us. Haven't been in any really high winds yet, but so far it has handled really well in mild crosswinds. Only negative when comparing with the old coach is smaller gas tank. With the 100 gallon tank, I'd never have to stop during a day's drive, but it's worth the inconvenience!
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjscott143 View Post
That's great. We just were at a show this past weekend in PA looking to hopefully see a Solera MS but no luck. Some questions my DH has, how does it drive in wind? We like the fact that it seems you can park almost anywhere. We also do mainly long weekends or even day trips, but also do a week long trip a year in it so this looks great. Are the seats comfortable? That's very important. I've seen some that look nice but the seats were hard as a rock.
Yes, the seats are comfortable. Like I said, we really like ours. .we do need to figure out better placement for our things. This past trip, it took me 20 minutes to find out where I put the shower soap and shampoo!