Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #1

New Solera Owner in San Diego

I was wondering if anyone in the San Diego area would be willing to meet me and show me the ins and outs of the Solera. I have never owned an RV before and frankly I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the technical operating systems. I have not done my walk thru yet with the dealer, but I'm not very confident I'll know what to ask before I have out on my own. I would pay someone to give me a run down as I'm leaving on a cross country trip with my 6 year old son and I want to be sure I know what the hell I'm doing. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
MikeFletcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #2

I just took my inaugural trip this weekend in mine, so I am by no means an expert. I am up in Escondido, you are more then welcome to come by and take a look and I'll walk you through what I know. Maybe having seen some of it once, the walk through will make more sense.
Cheers,
Max
FlyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Can't help with your camper, but will offer this, do a search on here for PDI, (Pre Delivery Inspection), and you will get several post, Pring one of the out, put it on a clipboard, and take it with you for the pick up. DO NOT GIVE IT TO THE DEALER!!!! Have a pen, and as they go through things, check them off, (they may not go in the same order as the one you have). In the end, go back and make sure the list has been covered. If not, ask questions. Also camp in the driveway a few nights, before you venture out.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote