Old 07-16-2015, 12:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStaehlin View Post
I really do appreciate everyone's comments and assistance. The dealer is RV One out of Des Monies. I just got off the phone with the Finance Manager and he is refusing to prep the vehicle until I pay him. I have already paid them a deposit of $3,500.
Some of their google reviews of late, are not great... Best of luck to you.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...36a330d3753b,1

or

https://plus.google.com/102314116343...31/about?hl=en

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:13 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Lol this review speaks volumes!

We got an RV from them and before we took it from the lot, we did a final walk around the RV with the sales person and noted several items that needed fixed with the RV and they wrote all of this down and told us they would need to order some of the items and would call us to let us know when the parts arrived. Well, they did not call us and after a few weeks of this, we took the RV back to them only to find out, NOTHING was ordered. We played this game for almost a year, we then took the RV to the manufacture and they repaid it.I suggest you get EVERYHTING fixed before you give them any money because the service AFTER the sale is very, VERY bad.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"

Old 07-16-2015, 02:35 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
I'm not liking what I hear about RV One out of Des Monies. Is the problem just with the Des Monies dealer or are all the RV One locations the same. We're looking for a new Solera but haven't yet decided on a dealer. The dealers out west where I live keep there prices high so I've been checking out dealers further east.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #14

My expierence with them is this. Bought a Solera new (not Des Moines) and didn't settle up till walk through was completed. There were several cosmetic issues and one major all noticed after delivery of course. After several calls and they seemed attentive, the cosmetic stuff was fixed, but of course being it was camping season, they couldn't get you in for over a month. So, I waited on those, but used it during the wait time. The major one however was their fault(dealer installed option). I befriended one of the service reps who kept me informed. However, it took a visit to the front office to get them involved in fixing that one.

The guy (a big shot) went into a long, polite speach, that I need to understand. But, I explained that it was his guys, while installing an option, caused the problem. While I was in his office he called back to service and asked for so and so. It was interesting to listen to the one sided conversation, because you could tell this guy commanded respect. He starts out the conversation by saying; i'm sitting here right now with Mr. ****, tell me about this problem. He goes on to say "after you finish your lunch, your taking care of this problem". I looked the guy right in the face after he hung up and said, "ya know, I think he really is going to fix it". He looked at me square in the face and said, " you can count on it". It was fixed as he said, in the time frame he said.

I however, had the luxury of being only 30 miles or so from one of their locations. So, I will tell you that if I was a long distance buyer, I'd make sure everything was in order, before I signed the check over to them. Since this was my first rodeo with an RV, I was truely a novice. Not now! Just sayin'
Old 07-16-2015, 05:37 PM   #15

Another story...

We made the deal over the phone and put $1000. down via Credit Card. Dealer wanted $2,000. but agreed to take $1,000. 8 weeks later flew to Michigan and was picked up at the airport by the dealer and dropped off at a local hotel. Next morning dealer picked me up and drove me back to the dealership. I immediately, went to the back lot and looked at the already prepped rig. After I was satisfied, I noted a few minor items, I went to the finance guys office to complete the paperwork. 1 hour later I was on the road driving home. The entire process was super easy. I never had a hard sell or pressure from the dealer. Very good experience. Now granted, I was an out of state customer, who will never be bothering that dealer again so I think they want you satisfied so you maybe you but your next RV with them.

2015 Solera 24R

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecopco View Post
Another story...

We made the deal over the phone and put $1000. down via Credit Card. Dealer wanted $2,000. but agreed to take $1,000. 8 weeks later flew to Michigan and was picked up at the airport by the dealer and dropped off at a local hotel. Next morning dealer picked me up and drove me back to the dealership. I immediately, went to the back lot and looked at the already prepped rig. After I was satisfied, I noted a few minor items, I went to the finance guys office to complete the paperwork. 1 hour later I was on the road driving home. The entire process was super easy. I never had a hard sell or pressure from the dealer. Very good experience. Now granted, I was an out of state customer, who will never be bothering that dealer again so I think they want you satisfied so you maybe you but your next RV with them.

2015 Solera 24R
RV One, doesn't have a location in Michigan, or did you drive to Iowa from the airport.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:36 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
RV One, doesn't have a location in Michigan, or did you drive to Iowa from the airport.
Lol that's funny

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
Old 07-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #18

I went with RV One in Des Moines, too. Can't quite say I regret it, but there were several small problems that I think really were the fault of the dealership (not FR). No remote to the main TV, no cartridge in the water purifier (!), no hose for the grill, defective storage lock that they didn't have in stock so they had to order, defective gauge on LPG (c'mon, they filled the darn thing so they should have known that when the panel said empty something wasn't right). A few other minor things (cracked cabinet door, chipped light lens, leaking generator) weren't their fault exactly, but they weren't caught before the demo (or, at least not disclosed to me). Given the amount of oil the gen leaks it's hard to imagine they didn't notice the huge oil spot under the RV.

I had to call my sales guy who called the service department and Josh then called me. He was fine on the phone, asked for a list of items and then five weeks passed with no word. I finally wrote again and he claimed to not have received the first email, but said that the remote and storage lock were there for me. I don't know how long they'd been sitting there but one would think they could have called or better yet just sent them to me (which is what was supposed to happen...). Sigh.

Last I heard Josh's boss was going to call me and discuss things but it's been a week so I'm not too optimistic.

Fortunately, none of the problems are big or prevent me from using the unit and I've spent about 20 days camping in the two months I've had the RV.
From what I've read in the forum my experience could easily have happened with a lot of dealers. I'm just thankful that nothing major has gone wrong.

My advice, do the most thorough demo you can and don't leave the lot without both you and the dealer agreed on what will happen next and when.

Good luck!
My Camera, and a lot of Dreams
jayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:30 PM   #19

I want to thank everyone on this board for your thoughtful replies and insight into my issue with RV One. I would like to report that RV One will accept a revise payment of 70% at this time and will start the prep and then on the demo/walk thru and my satisfaction I will pay the remainder for the rig. Also a big thank you to Brian Clements for your assistance.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #20

Great to know as. I will be in that situation in about a month or so!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tags