Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #1

Red face Newbie questions on Solera 24S

Took my new Solera out for a shakedown trip. All systems worked as advertised. Easy to drive and I got 13.9 mpg. So far we love it. Here's a couple of questions --
What is the wire hanging down from under the step?
Is it normal for the water pump to make so much noise? We were camping at a site that did not have a water connection.
Is there anything that you can do to reduce the sway that you get when you are setup and people move around?

Thanks so much.
rvbrodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #2

Not sure about the first two questions on the sway issue, we had big foot jack stabilizers put on ours when we got it. I'd look at an RV store for something. Also just took a look under my step and there is a wire hanging down there, looked around but couldn't see anything that it could connect to? Have to wonder if it for some kind of optional device?Also greeting from across the river in C.B.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #3

Cheap way

I went the cheap way. I bought 4 of the tripod jacks. Day and night difference. They only weigh a couple of pounds all together.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by papap View Post
I went the cheap way. I bought 4 of the tripod jacks. Day and night difference. They only weigh a couple of pounds all together.
Yep. You're in a vehicle designed to absorb bounce and move freely. To stop it- you have to do something like was mentioned - fully automatic leveling system like the Bigfoot or the jack stands supporting the frame. Basically- you're not lifting the coach up or anything, just limiting its downward travel.

As for the water pump- yep, noisy as heck. But, there are people who have put in rubber supports to isolate the pump from the surrounding structure. There was a recent thread on it here (sorry, no link - on my phone, but a search should help).
Old 05-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Commercial Member

That's weird. We're using a new pump that is pretty quite. I was in a Sunseeker the other day with the same pump and we couldn't figure out if it was on or not.

If you look in, the pump has rubber feet on it. I swear we switched to this new quiet pump well over a year ago. I'll just ask the question to see if we in fact use it accross the board....but I think that's the new standard.

Might be location too. On the Sunseeker we put it below the floor in a storage area.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #6

Only a slight hum on my 2013
Mainly noticeable at night in a quiet campground
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #7

I really don't hear mine much at all either. Granted, it is only on when we aren't attached to shore power and water. When we turn it on, I can hear it a little bit ... then don't hear it at all until we either use the toliet or turn on a faucet. Otherwise it is quiet.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
2011 Georgetown 350TS

Question please...where did you place the four jacks ? thanks
Leismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #9

I de-winterized my Solera 24S last week and ran the water pump to make sure things were working and I didn't notice much more than a hum coming from the pump. So I'm not sure what kind of noise the others are talking about?