Old 06-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by m111 View Post
Thanks! So you can leave the bed made up and it slides out ready to go?
Yep! That's it. Doesn't seem like it would work, but it does...and very well too.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #12

Thanks again! I went to the dealer to check out the FR3 yesterday and saw one of these. I was surprised how much I liked it. I always look at (and lust after) the little ones but am put off by having to put up a table each time and the 24R with the fixed dinette was very attractive. The slide was out so I laid on the bed which was surprisingly comfortable for a split mattress. I looked at the construction because I didn't fall in the crack and saw how they did the overlapping. So then I ran the slide in to see how it collapsed and it was a mess. Snagging on the blind cords and looked like you would have to take all the bedding off every day. Good to know that isn't the case.

The only other reservation is the front seats not having two arm rests. I love that on my current RV. I guess I have to test drive it to see how much I would miss it.

Does anyone run the bed out at rest stops for lunch or in parking lots so they can lay down during a driving break? I often lay down on the bed in my current RV while my husband runs into a store or goes to a restaurant.

Also since the bed stacks and doesn't fold I'm guessing there is no way to lay on it while driving?

Sorry for so many questions. This little unit appealed to me so much I want to be sure to explore it fully just in case it could work for us.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #13

I suppose it would matter what kind of bedding was used. We use a fitted queen bottom sheet, a flat queen top sheet and a light comforter. The top sheet and comforter are not tucked in at the foot end as we prefer it that way.

The head bed-maker tells me that she puts the head of the fitted bottom sheet on the mattress when the slide is in; then, the runs the slide out and pulls the foot end over the mattress. The top sheet and comforter are put in place without tucking in the foot and the slide is brought back in, folding everything in the process.

We have found that raising the window shades prior to bringing the slide in prevents the bedding from catching on them.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #14

Thanks yet again. The description is very helpful. If we get really serious about this unit I will take some bedding to the dealership and give it a go just as you described.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:08 PM   #15

why not hop on the overhead bunk for a quick nap. We find you can easily step on the back of the dinette seat to get up there.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13larry View Post
why not hop on the overhead bunk for a quick nap. We find you can easily step on the back of the dinette seat to get up there.
Thanks! That is a good idea and I never would have thought of it.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #17

Occasionally we set the dinette up as a bed and the little lady will sleep their
while going down the road, or at rest stops we can both use it.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #18

Does your unit have the dinette booth? Dealers in our area only seem to carry the couch with the table. My husband thinks he might prefer the booth, but I think I'd rather have the couch. The couch will double as dining but the booth can't act as a couch (for snuggling)! Any other thoughts on this?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:43 PM   #19

We bought the 24R with the couch and like that best. We spend more time sitting and relaxing when the weather is bad. Most of our dining is outside and couch works best for us. I do miss the nice recliner we had in our 5th wheel. Am looking for a reclining love seat that will fit in the space and swap out the couch.
Good Luck
BadBob
Old 07-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #20

Thanks so much for all the comments, folks. We haven't taken delivery yet on our 2014 Solera 24R and look forward to seeing it in person. It is coming from IDAHO to Olive Branch , MS - it should be well broken in after it's 2 major delivery trips. (lst from Indiana to ID). It is so helpful to learn from the Forum; an invaluable resource.
Happy traveling.
David's Co-pilot

Tags
solera