Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2015, 05:10 PM   #41

My 2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R was delivered to me today. If anyone is curious, it appears to be on the 2015 Sprinter chassis. It took 12 weeks on the dot following the 2 week paint delay. Everything is looking good so far. It was nice to see a Hellwig sway bar was factory installed. I've seen a lot of posting about the benefits of sway bars so this was an unexpected surprise. Power awning is huge. Interior fit and finish is a bit dodgy here and there but nothing major. The USB charging jacks above the sofa are great. I got the diesel generator option. It sounds the exact same as the propane model - neither louder nor softer - but I don't know if I could sleep while it runs. I got the extra Fantastic Fan and had the dealer install the MaxAir covers on them as well as on the bathroom fan so they can be used in the rain or while going down the road. Drove it an hour home with cruise set at 65mph, which seemed to be the sweet spot. At 70 mph it wandered a bit due to wind. I imagine it is rock solid on a calm day. It's nice and quiet on good roads. Loud as hell on bad roads, but then again it is basically a house going down the road and there's lots of stuff to rattle around. Now to sit and read the many books and manuals that came with it....

If anyone is looking at a similar model and has questions please feel free to ask.
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:24 PM   #42

Our 24R was on its way last week then transport felt there was an issue so they returned to the factory. Still haven't heard what the issue was and still not here.
DBTSolera24R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:06 PM   #43

DBTSolear24R -- Ooo! That doesn't sound good. I am so sorry to hear about the issue and delay that you are facing. I have one on the way somewhere between Elkhart and Buffalo. It came off line on May 11 then had to get painted. I am expecting a call from the dealer any time now.
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #44

ericlakin -- This sounds encouraging. I am expecting a call from my dealer any minute now. I know my unit came off line on May 11 then had to get painted. Still no word on where it is.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by halbright View Post
DBTSolear24R -- Ooo! That doesn't sound good. I am so sorry to hear about the issue and delay that you are facing. I have one on the way somewhere between Elkhart and Buffalo. It came off line on May 11 then had to get painted. I am expecting a call from the dealer any time now.

Ours came offline on 4/22 went to paint and on its way 5/19.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:29 PM   #46

We toured the factory and actually got to see our unit on the production line. While we were there, they checked with the paint shop and said there was no queue for painting so that our unit should go to paint as soon as it came off the line. The dealer called to tell me that it came off line on May 11, but nothing since then.

UPS has me spoiled. I order a $10 item and I can literally track it every step of the way from the vendor to my front door. That's the way it should be, especially for big ticket items.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:30 PM   #47
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Ericlakin - congratulations! I took delivery of my 2401W two months ago and the sway bar wasn't an option back then. I definitely feel the sway at 65 mph so will look into installation myself.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:22 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeOnWheels View Post
Ericlakin - congratulations! I took delivery of my 2401W two months ago and the sway bar wasn't an option back then. I definitely feel the sway at 65 mph so will look into installation myself.
I don't think it was even an option. It wasn't a line item on the purchase agreement. Perhaps it is standard now.
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:28 AM   #49
Commercial Member

It was not an option, it was made standard as a running change. not model year related.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #50

Finally got word today that my W is at the dealership. It's getting closer.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #51

Our R finally arrived also. Picking it up Saturday.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #52

I got my first look at our W today at the dealer, pre-prep. We pick it up on Tuesday.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:54 PM   #53
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

Solera Progress

Hi BC, is it possible for you to tell if my Solera went offline on June 5th as projected or if you have a new projected date.
Thanks,

Pete Junger

WDAPF4CC7F9620958
sanpedroflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:28 AM   #54

Well, we finally have it. It is a very nice unit. We love the W floorplan and it will be perfect the two of us. There are some flaws which were not picked up by the factory or the dealer. But, when we get those fixed, we will have a great little motorhome. It was nice to see that the Helwig sway bar is on it.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:32 AM   #55
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Congratulations! Great timing for summer. We love our W too. So far we've only had minor issues as well for three months since we owned it.
Happy trails!
Old 06-12-2015, 09:36 AM   #56
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halbright View Post
Well, we finally have it. It is a very nice unit. We love the W floorplan and it will be perfect the two of us. There are some flaws which were not picked up by the factory or the dealer. But, when we get those fixed, we will have a great little motorhome. It was nice to see that the Helwig sway bar is on it.
Consider the Helwig, a goodwill gesture for anything that got missed during the dealer PDI process

Old 06-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #57

Joined the FR forum on friday as we placed an order for the Forester 2701DS. Spoke with Jeremy the area rep prior to signing and he said mid to late august. No special paint. guess next step is the build sheet. Gives me time to sell our 11 year old Winnebago.
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #58
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

Solera 24 Order Status

Brian Clemens, can you please check if our Solera 24R completed paint. no name on it, dealer is Anthem RV in AZ. Any idea when it might ship?
Thanks,
sanpedroflyer
Pete Junger
Old 06-26-2015, 04:02 PM   #59
Commercial Member

Looks like everything that was on the schedule for Anthem has been dispatched (sent to the transport company waiting on a driver). Once it is dispatched it can take 7-14 days depending on driver availability.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:33 AM   #60
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

My Solera is at my Dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Looks like everything that was on the schedule for Anthem has been dispatched (sent to the transport company waiting on a driver). Once it is dispatched it can take 7-14 days depending on driver availability.
Hi Brian, got a call from my dealer today. it appears my RV arrived some time today!

I just want to say thank you for answerering all my questions and being such a patient guy. I also salute your dedication to all of us owners and your dedication to improving the FR prducts. I learned a lot about Solera and motor home capabilities and potential improvements that will make RVing more enjoyable.

I still have a lot to learn and will look forward to more of your posts!

sanpedroflyer