Old 07-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #1

Outside Security Light Will Not Turn Off

When we picked up our new Solera 24W, I noitced that the outside security light on the driver's side was on. During the demo, I asked about it and they showed me the switch on the control panel that should turn it off. However, the switch does not control the outside light. Instead, it controls the light in the closet. The outside light is not switched. The dealer removed the bulb. Clearly, something is miss wired. They said they were going to try to get a wiring diagram from FR, but it's been three weeks and still no word. I will have to call, again, after the holiday.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #2

A while back, Brian posted the wiring diagrams for the 24R. You can find them here:
24R 2015 Wiring Diagrams

They may differ from the 24W, but I'd bet that they're pretty close...

Dave

Old 07-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #3

Thanks. I have those diagrams. They are different for the W as I cannot find a light on the R diagram that would correspond to the closet light in the W. I think I know where the problem is. I just need to trace some current connections to find the ones that got switched. They are in the slide out. Hopefully, they will be the ones that are accessible from inside where the drawers are and not buried in the wall. It's so much easier to do it right the first time!
Old 07-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #4

If you have a remote try turning it off with it.

Frank
Zeuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuster View Post
If you have a remote try turning it off with it.

Frank
There is no remote.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
Class C Representative

Did you try the buttons down by the door and not on the panel? It's by the awning button and battery disconnect.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by halbright View Post
When we picked up our new Solera 24W, I noitced that the outside security light on the driver's side was on. During the demo, I asked about it and they showed me the switch on the control panel that should turn it off. However, the switch does not control the outside light. Instead, it controls the light in the closet. The outside light is not switched. The dealer removed the bulb. Clearly, something is miss wired. They said they were going to try to get a wiring diagram from FR, but it's been three weeks and still no word. I will have to call, again, after the holiday.
Does your switch say "security light"? Mine says "drivers side rear light". Could you be trying the wrong switch?
Old 07-06-2015, 05:19 PM   #8

Yes, the switch is labeled 'Driver Side Rear Light.' It is not wired correctly. That switch controls the light in the closet. The outside light is not switched. It is a manufacturing error.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:01 PM   #9

You or an electrician can pull that switch panel an with trial and error probable diagnose the two switched wires in very short order.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:30 PM   #10

Not the Control Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydrifter View Post
You or an electrician can pull that switch panel an with trial and error probable diagnose the two switched wires in very short order.
I have not yet completed the fix for this, but my guess is that the wiring in the control panel is fine. After looking at the wiring in the slide out, which is where both of these lights are located, I suspect that they just spliced the wrong wires together. I can see some of the splices, but I fear that one that I need access to may be in the closet wall rather than behind the drawers where I could get to it. I'll let you know when I finally resolve this.

Tags
light