Old 03-10-2015, 10:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
You could screw that safety first onto the bottom....it has a wood backer.

Also put the foam wedges in under the sheets, also sleep them the other direction, also do the dual twins instead of the overhead bed. Lots of options

We're working on a net option as well. We looked at the Coachmen one and I don't like them. #1. if you need to get out quickly and they are little kids...those seatbelt buckles are on the ceiling. Need to be more accessible.
#2 when the net is down, those metal seatbelt brackets are hanging from the ceiling. Doesn't look good.

We proto-typed a net that goes wall to wall. If you take it down, there is nothing left but two little metal anchors.
Brian, good points on the saftey for quick exit. I have looked a while back (and just now) and was amazed on the lack of a workable constraint system. I believe a close weave(choke issue) netting system, with quick detach clasps, and not entirely from end to end, again saftey issue, would be a nice product to FR's line up. Also, for the empty nesters, the restraint system would help keep the quick "put away" items from rolling off during flight. Overall a nice accessory. IMO

Old 03-10-2015, 10:12 AM   #12
GM

Don't know yet.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #13

Well, if you guys do go into sourcing and distribution, bring that up at your next review, explain that we need to order a ton of em and make them available at the FR dealer level. I won't even ask for a cut! They, FR, i'm sure appreciate all you do for the forum, and the ideas exchanged here. Thanks again.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:32 PM   #14

Note to FR...I see this is an older post, but I'll be watching to see if there are any updates. We got the Solera 24R with the hopes we can eventually let the grandkids sleep up there. But we'll be needing something so WE can sleep knowing they can't (easily) roll off. We know nothing is fool proof.

But I also agree that some kind of cargo net up there would be a good idea for that extra stuff we tend to stow up there. I can buy a cargo net, but having some eyes already installed to hook it to would be very useful.
2015 31 nights
PNWTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:03 PM   #15
GM

Cargo net will be available in the next couple of weeks.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 04-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #16

Will it be an item current Solera owners can purchase, or just an option offered on new builds?
Old 04-05-2015, 10:58 PM   #17
GM

Will be available through parts, but the issue is going to be a lack of back in the wall. Molly's might works.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:11 AM   #18
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Alot of the pro race car teams use a really 'trick' latch to hold their awnings to the framework. I build toddler beds, some bunk style, and they work great. Forgot where I got them, as I bought in bulk. Both ends connect to webbing type straps.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Alot of the pro race car teams use a really 'trick' latch to hold their awnings to the framework. I build toddler beds, some bunk style, and they work great. Forgot where I got them, as I bought in bulk. Both ends connect to webbing type straps.
Well, if you do remember, let us know. Always nice to discover new things on here, as I have learned plenty myself.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:53 AM   #20
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Well, if you do remember, let us know. Always nice to discover new things on here, as I have learned plenty myself.
Just 'Googled' quick release webbing buckles...... take your pick. National Webbing Products part num. SR-RF is the style I've used.

Tags
bed