Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2015, 09:21 PM   #1

Question Overhead bed

Is there a railing or someway to keep kids from falling out of the bed above the seats in the front of a Solera Class C
Wolfeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:07 PM   #2

Haven't seen one made specifically but I've seen folks using the same ones sold in the stores for regular beds. Base slides under the mattress. Safety First I think was the brand name of the one I had for my kids years ago but never tried it in an rv.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:11 PM   #3

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CSEE48/...SIN=B000CSEE48

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:47 AM   #4

We thought of a safety first one, but only the problem is it can not slide under the centre section where the mattress does not lift up.
Wolfeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:42 AM   #5

Leprechauns rv have an available safety net. Here is a picture. I was going to do something like this. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1425987737.811710.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	71083
DBTSolera24R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBTSolera24R View Post
Leprechauns rv have an available safety net. Here is a picture. I was going to do something like this. Attachment 71083

Do you know the price on that net. Can't seem to find a link to a store from the info contained in your post. Thanks
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:19 AM   #7

No I don't but I think I saw it is a $300 option on the leprechaun.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBTSolera24R View Post
No I don't but I think I saw it is a $300 option on the leprechaun.
GULP!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:53 AM   #9
Commercial Member

You could screw that safety first onto the bottom....it has a wood backer.

Also put the foam wedges in under the sheets, also sleep them the other direction, also do the dual twins instead of the overhead bed. Lots of options

We're working on a net option as well. We looked at the Coachmen one and I don't like them. #1. if you need to get out quickly and they are little kids...those seatbelt buckles are on the ceiling. Need to be more accessible.
#2 when the net is down, those metal seatbelt brackets are hanging from the ceiling. Doesn't look good.

We proto-typed a net that goes wall to wall. If you take it down, there is nothing left but two little metal anchors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-02-18 13.58.22.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	71085  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

Also put the foam wedges in under the sheets, also sleep them the other direction, also do the dual twins instead of the overhead bed. Lots of options

We're working on a net option as well. We looked at the Coachmen one and I don't like them. #1. if you need to get out quickly and they are little kids...those seatbelt buckles are on the ceiling. Need to be more accessible.
#2 when the net is down, those metal seatbelt brackets are hanging from the ceiling. Doesn't look good.

We proto-typed a net that goes wall to wall. If you take it down, there is nothing left but two little metal anchors.

Would that net be standard or an extra charge if it goes past prototyping?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

Brian, good points on the saftey for quick exit. I have looked a while back (and just now) and was amazed on the lack of a workable constraint system. I believe a close weave(choke issue) netting system, with quick detach clasps, and not entirely from end to end, again saftey issue, would be a nice product to FR's line up. Also, for the empty nesters, the restraint system would help keep the quick "put away" items from rolling off during flight. Overall a nice accessory. IMO
Old 03-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Don't know yet.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #13

Well, if you guys do go into sourcing and distribution, bring that up at your next review, explain that we need to order a ton of em and make them available at the FR dealer level. I won't even ask for a cut! They, FR, i'm sure appreciate all you do for the forum, and the ideas exchanged here. Thanks again.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #14

Note to FR...I see this is an older post, but I'll be watching to see if there are any updates. We got the Solera 24R with the hopes we can eventually let the grandkids sleep up there. But we'll be needing something so WE can sleep knowing they can't (easily) roll off. We know nothing is fool proof.

But I also agree that some kind of cargo net up there would be a good idea for that extra stuff we tend to stow up there. I can buy a cargo net, but having some eyes already installed to hook it to would be very useful.
PNWTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Cargo net will be available in the next couple of weeks.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #16

Will it be an item current Solera owners can purchase, or just an option offered on new builds?
Old 04-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Will be available through parts, but the issue is going to be a lack of back in the wall. Molly's might works.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:11 PM   #18
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Alot of the pro race car teams use a really 'trick' latch to hold their awnings to the framework. I build toddler beds, some bunk style, and they work great. Forgot where I got them, as I bought in bulk. Both ends connect to webbing type straps.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Alot of the pro race car teams use a really 'trick' latch to hold their awnings to the framework. I build toddler beds, some bunk style, and they work great. Forgot where I got them, as I bought in bulk. Both ends connect to webbing type straps.
Well, if you do remember, let us know. Always nice to discover new things on here, as I have learned plenty myself.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #20
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Well, if you do remember, let us know. Always nice to discover new things on here, as I have learned plenty myself.
Just 'Googled' quick release webbing buckles...... take your pick. National Webbing Products part num. SR-RF is the style I've used.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed