Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2014, 03:55 PM   #1

Owners Manual Solera

Is there such a thing as an actual owners manual for our brand new 2014 24R? We had various appliance manuals that were strewn under the sink but no overall " this is your coach and how to use it".
barbhalsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Simple answer is no.
You can look up and download all your appliance manuals on the inter web.
Not a very good dealer to not give you a proper pdi. And not show you how everything works.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #3

Have to agree with Turbo that your dealer should have done a pre-delivery inspection and gone over everything with you and made sure that everything works. If your just looking for something that helps you understanding some of the RV systems better I'd recommend (The RV Handbook and / or Trailer Life's RV Repair and Maintenance Manual) both very good books on RV systems.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #4

I got a "Universal Manual" with my new MH , not much worth, and all the appliance manuals. The actual manual is this forum...even as an experienced trailer / motorhome enthusiast it helped me tremendously on many occasions! Thank you all...
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #5

The forum is great for finding out things, Another good source is youtube once you get around some of the BS it can give you a lot of valuable info. I think I watched about a dozen videos on the Solera before I received it.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #6

Thanks for the info! WE did have a walk through with an RV service guy. He works on more than just Solera so it was just general. You are right, my best info comes from this forum.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #7

I was answering my own questions during the walk through thanks to this forum!

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #8

The walk through is good and dandy but who can remember all of that...even with notes. Before we got our Solera we had a Sprinter based Class B from another maker that came not only all of the various appliance manuals but also had an overall manual to cover the all of the systems. We were a bit surprised that the Solera didn't have one as well. It would be a great thing for FR to provide something like that for their owners...just saying.
devilsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:42 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsquid View Post
The walk through is good and dandy but who can remember all of that...even with notes. Before we got our Solera we had a Sprinter based Class B from another maker that came not only all of the various appliance manuals but also had an overall manual to cover the all of the systems. We were a bit surprised that the Solera didn't have one as well. It would be a great thing for FR to provide something like that for their owners...just saying.
Forest river has a generic manual.
If your using your Web browser look in the "library" section at the top of this page.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Old 06-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Here.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402706608896.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	55156  
Old 06-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #11

Sadly, decent user manuals are a thing of the past. What passes for a "user manual" these days is a collection of generic statements; half of which will not apply to your model.

Product manufacturers won't spend the money to produce a decent manual; they just want to give a potential customer the impression that there is a user manual.
Tranquil Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #12
Needs Help

Maybe it's time for a Solera Owners Manual Wiki. Owner/Fan driven.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #13

Looks like things haven't changed in 2 years! Our 2012 Solera came without an owners manual. Or "dealer" DID give us a thorough one hour walk through. This was our first RV, so we knew nothing. The rig came with a "library of users manuals and warranties" for everything from the porcelain toilet to "Fantastic" vent -- but no organized "Owners Manual".

For what I paid -- a nice three ring binder with a logo on it with the contents organized, and handy list customer service numbers for questions would have been nice!

I both called and e-mailed Forest River "customer service" and didn't even get a response.

If I had to do it again, I would have both "videoed" the initial walk through and asked more questions, and had something to review later if I needed to!
eyedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:29 PM   #14

We took her out for our first camp trip and figured out most of the systems. My only complaint is the fresh water tank could be larger. :-)
Old 06-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #15
2015 Solera 24R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_The_Dream View Post
Maybe it's time for a Solera Owners Manual Wiki. Owner/Fan driven.
A wiki is nice. It would be some work to set up for Forest River website. Website administrators probably figure that, with the search function of their website, plus internet search engines like Google, that users can quickly get to the info that they need.

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbhalsell View Post
We took her out for our first camp trip and figured out most of the systems. My only complaint is the fresh water tank could be larger. :-)
That's a double-edged sword. If the fresh water tank were larger, the gray-water and black-water tanks would need to be larger as well. That means a larger RV. There are trade-offs in just about everything. With a little planning, I think you will find that your water usage will be come more efficient.

Glad you got out with the new rig. Each time out, you will learn a little more about it and how to make it work for you.

TJ
Tranquil Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #17

With our 2015 Solera, we received a "Motorized Users Manual" which is pretty generic, and the Sprinter chassis manual - just looked at both tonight. There's also a generic manual on the Forest River website, but it's for trailers, and non-motorized campers.

Tags
manual, solera