Old 08-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #1

Photo of Solera Convection Oven

My husband and I want to order a 2013 or 2014 Solera 24R and see that we have a choice between the cooktop with regular oven/microwave and a convection oven. I have looked everywhere to try to find a photo of a Solera with the convection oven in it and I can't find one anywhere. I certainly don't want to order one without seeing what it looks like. Is there anyone out there who can show me what one looks like? Thanks!

Old 08-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #2

Convection Microwafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpanelli View Post
My husband and I want to order a 2013 or 2014 Solera 24R and see that we have a choice between the cooktop with regular oven/microwave and a convection oven. I have looked everywhere to try to find a photo of a Solera with the convection oven in it and I can't find one anywhere. I certainly don't want to order one without seeing what it looks like. Is there anyone out there who can show me what one looks like? Thanks!
Gosh, I didn't even know they were available! If they install in the same area as the regular microwave, they would not be large enough to do any serious baking!

The big advantage of the Propane oven is that you can do real baking when boon docking, whereas with convection you'd need to run the generator for power to the oven. We had a convection microwave on our previous coach, and rarely if ever used it, but with the propane range/oven in our Solera, SWMBO bakes often. Just a consideration... you'll use propane either way (unless plugged in!

Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
2015 Solera 24R

Convection oven plus drawers where gas oven would be

I finally found a picture. I've been searching for this too.

I've got other hard to find pictures. What else are you looking for on the 24R. My wife and I are looking at this model as well.

Hmmmm. My picture was lost. Email me and I'll forward a picture to you.

Gary
Old 10-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #4

We just got the 24R with the micro/convection oven and it is small, but I wanted the two extra drawers instead of the oven, which I never really used. We got the sofa with table as hubby does not like dinette and you lose the drawer storage. Got to say most all the other motorhomes we had were with the micro/convection and were larger..... I like to use the BBQ grill outside for most of my cooking.
embrquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
2015 Solera 24R

Convection oven, with drawers where gas oven would be.

This shows the convection oven above and drawers below the gas stove.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	# Convection oven and drawers below stove.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	40815  
Old 10-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
GM

Convection micro is small...but if I was a betting man, I'd guess the usable area was more than the oven.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera