Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #11

If you have the stabilizer option make sure they show you where the manual override switch is. If your remote fails, like mind did, and they are down you have to use the override to get them up. It's really hard to find and use.
Also have them go through winterizing the unit. It's pretty easy but it's nice to know you're doing it right the first time you do it.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleDude View Post
If you have the stabilizer option make sure they show you where the manual override switch is. If your remote fails, like mind did, and they are down you have to use the override to get them up. It's really hard to find and use.
Also have them go through winterizing the unit. It's pretty easy but it's nice to know you're doing it right the first time you do it.
Are you refererring to the switch in the front curb side exterior storage compartment? The switch is mounted high, so you must get on you knees to see it.

ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #13

You will love your Solera! Congratulations! I'd suggest you have dealer verify front end alignment since the house was installed. Make sure all wheel covers are tight, especially that pesky right rear. Verify that the radio antenna has been installed correctly and that you get good AM/FM reception. Make sure the awning operates correctly and that you know how to manually retract it. Stay tuned to this forum. These Solera owners are the experts!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlton46 View Post
You will love your Solera! Congratulations! I'd suggest you have dealer verify front end alignment since the house was installed. Make sure all wheel covers are tight, especially that pesky right rear. Verify that the radio antenna has been installed correctly and that you get good AM/FM reception. Make sure the awning operates correctly and that you know how to manually retract it. Stay tuned to this forum. These Solera owners are the experts!
I keep thinking about that awning and the possible need to retract it manually. Biggest problem is the ladder that you have to carry to reach it.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
Are you refererring to the switch in the front curb side exterior storage compartment? The switch is mounted high, so you must get on you knees to see it.
I just got ours back today and I checked. I couldn't find the switch you're referring too. I took everything out and got on my knees to look. On mine I had to crawl under the unit and followed stabilizer hydraulic lines back to the pump. The switch was there. I asked the tech that replaced the remote if there was something easier and he said that was the only manual switch.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #16

Thanks for all your tips and suggestions. I will be picking up our new 2014 24r on April 10!!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleDude View Post
I just got ours back today and I checked. I couldn't find the switch you're referring too. I took everything out and got on my knees to look. On mine I had to crawl under the unit and followed stabilizer hydraulic lines back to the pump. The switch was there. I asked the tech that replaced the remote if there was something easier and he said that was the only manual switch.
I am pretty sure that is what my switch in the storage bay is for. I have not actually used it.

My 24R is in the shop so I can not check it out. I could be wrong.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #18

Ask about resale? Mine was in shop 18 times in 2 years before entire electrical went out in Colorado...I limped to local dealer and swapped for a ford unit...If you get by all the problems, it's a great little unit...advice is to go to all the forums connected to View, Solara, etc to be forwarned of the problems that are constant....and I hope you can find a dealer that will service it!!!! Lot's of luck...'you gonna need it'!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannbranch View Post
Ask about resale? Mine was in shop 18 times in 2 years before entire electrical went out in Colorado...I limped to local dealer and swapped for a ford unit...If you get by all the problems, it's a great little unit...advice is to go to all the forums connected to View, Solara, etc to be forwarned of the problems that are constant....and I hope you can find a dealer that will service it!!!! Lot's of luck...'you gonna need it'!
For the most part, people on this forum are very happy with their Solera's. sorry you had problems, and every motor home has "some", but that doesn't mean the OP is going to have any. Let him/her enjoy the purchase without pouring cold water on them. IMO
Old 04-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #20

For warned!

Debbie, I only wish someone had told me ahead of time. I lost about $40k on mine. I loved the unit size, mileage, design, etc. The truth is, it was not worth what I paid for it, I had numerous problems and had a hard time getting service. You can hide your head in the sand ....but I would rather be warned and I hope you and all other owners never have a problem...I now own a Forest River Lexington and can't look back...if my Mercedes unit was what it was suppose to be, I would still have it or another one like it...but I refuse to own something that isn't worth the effort....I wish you the best as well as other Solera owners...