Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #21

I've had my Solera for about 4 months now had it on three trips including a 6000 mile trip. We love ours and find it very easy to get around in and drive. We went into downtown San Antonio TX with it and were able to get into a parking lot there with no problems at all. I don't know what kind of mileage your SUV get but you'll find around 13-15 with the Solera.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck
I've had my Solera for about 4 months now had it on three trips including a 6000 mile trip. We love ours and find it very easy to get around in and drive. We went into downtown San Antonio TX with it and were able to get into a parking lot there with no problems at all. I don't know what kind of mileage your SUV get but you'll find around 13-15 with the Solera.
SUV got about 15 mpg - but gas, not diesel. Im really glad to hear people are happy with their Solera's. Also, your puppy dog pic is adorable!
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #23

Thanks their our kids these days, I know you'll love your solera and if you have any questions at all this is the place to come for answers.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy
if had the money, I would do something like that in a heartbeat. Travel with some room to move around....at least for the passengers. Go to the bathroom when you want, and not have to worry about dirty travel plaza rest rooms. Take a nap on a real bed instead of just a seat leaning back. Not too sure about making coffee in transit, though.
We just returned from a 2,000 mile trip in our new Solera (our first real trip) and I couldn't agree more about not having to worry about dirty travel plaza rest rooms!! We loved being able to stop whenever and wherever we wanted. We loved everything about our Solera. I say......go for it! Don't worry about the negative comments! Do what you think you will enjoy!!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #25

I don't know what the seat belt laws are in the USA. You might be braking the law if you are not belted in and are walking around the unit. I would not even try to make coffee while the unit is moving, it would be an accident waiting to happen. The up side is that you could pull over to the side of the road and go to the bathroom or make a coffee then resume your trip.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We looked at B's and B+ (not sure, some places call a Solera a B+ others a C) ... but anyway, we really felt that they were more of a van and liked the Solera quite a bit more. I think if we went the B way, then we would want to trade it in fairly soon for something a little bit bigger. And .. especially, if we buy new - trading it in quickly, is NOT a good idea.

BTW - I would be driving it most of the time!
Not to mention...most B's are more money than a Solera.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #27

New toy! Now we have years worth of manuals to read. A bit overwelming!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4004592896.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	20297  
Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #28

NICE!!!! Don't worry about the manuals I'm still looking into my. Just today, found out how the power converter works.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
New toy! Now we have years worth of manuals to read. A bit overwelming!!
That's all part of the fun!

Congratulations on your decision and the purchase. I wish you many happy years of Rving.

And, by the way, that's a really nice looking machine!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #30

Thanks! I'm sure we will enjoy it. :-)
Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #31
Stay Classy San Diego

Hi Debbie, welcome and congrats! I'm a little late to the party, but I'm glad you went ahead and chose a Solera. It's beautiful! Did you get the corner bed model? The full body paint is beautiful.

Also wanted to mention that I use ours as my daily driver. We traded in my car towards it and that was the deal - if I want to go somewhere the Solera is small enough to take. I don't work so I drive it mostly to the store, my Mom's house, visiting friends, shopping, going out to lunch etc. We've only put two tanks of gas through it so far and averaged a little over 14 mpg which I am very happy with. That is mostly smalls trips from 2 miles (grocery store) to 30 miles (the mall!). So that is really good imo. We are heading to Florida in December for the winter months so will have a better estimate of highway miles then. And it's very nimble - I can do a 3 point turn in our driveway and turn it around and back it in.

It's also convenient to have the frig/freezer. We plug in at home so keep them on all the time. Nice for grocery shopping! Also really love not having to use public restrooms. That is worth the price right there to me.

It's overwhelming at first, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask the forum. I've gotten a lot of wonderful info here. I've asked a lot of what I thought were kind of silly questions and always received fast, useful, detailed answers.

Enjoy your new MH!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #32

Congrats on your new Solera! Looks and sounds it fits your needs! I have a feeling you will use it more than you think!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #33

Thanks yall! Yes, I think we will get plenty of use with it. But, Merry, I don't think I'll be as good as you manovering it! Glad to hear that you use it as a "car" and its worked out so far. Thanks again for the posts!