Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #31
Stay Classy San Diego
Hi Debbie, welcome and congrats! I'm a little late to the party, but I'm glad you went ahead and chose a Solera. It's beautiful! Did you get the corner bed model? The full body paint is beautiful.

Also wanted to mention that I use ours as my daily driver. We traded in my car towards it and that was the deal - if I want to go somewhere the Solera is small enough to take. I don't work so I drive it mostly to the store, my Mom's house, visiting friends, shopping, going out to lunch etc. We've only put two tanks of gas through it so far and averaged a little over 14 mpg which I am very happy with. That is mostly smalls trips from 2 miles (grocery store) to 30 miles (the mall!). So that is really good imo. We are heading to Florida in December for the winter months so will have a better estimate of highway miles then. And it's very nimble - I can do a 3 point turn in our driveway and turn it around and back it in.

It's also convenient to have the frig/freezer. We plug in at home so keep them on all the time. Nice for grocery shopping! Also really love not having to use public restrooms. That is worth the price right there to me.

It's overwhelming at first, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask the forum. I've gotten a lot of wonderful info here. I've asked a lot of what I thought were kind of silly questions and always received fast, useful, detailed answers.

Enjoy your new MH!

2012 Solera MS
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #32
Congrats on your new Solera! Looks and sounds it fits your needs! I have a feeling you will use it more than you think!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #33
Thanks yall! Yes, I think we will get plenty of use with it. But, Merry, I don't think I'll be as good as you manovering it! Glad to hear that you use it as a "car" and its worked out so far. Thanks again for the posts!

DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote