Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2015, 01:50 AM   #41

I appreciate all the help. I looked again and didn't see any lights on the PD4000 series unit. I even removed the plastic cover and didn't see anything, aside from some information on these forums that FR may have installed something other than the PD4000 series all-in-one unit, I remain convinced at the moment there's no separate converter on mine. My only intention is to confirm what I have so I understand it and potentially help another user confirm as well since he bought the charge wizard remote for the PD9200. Anyway, I'll let you know if I discover otherwise. I figure this thread has gone down this rabbit hole long enough. Cheers!
Old 10-22-2015, 06:24 AM   #42
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeboone View Post
I appreciate all the help. I looked again and didn't see any lights on the PD4000 series unit. I even removed the plastic cover and didn't see anything, aside from some information on these forums that FR may have installed something other than the PD4000 series all-in-one unit, I remain convinced at the moment there's no separate converter on mine. My only intention is to confirm what I have so I understand it and potentially help another user confirm as well since he bought the charge wizard remote for the PD9200. Anyway, I'll let you know if I discover otherwise. I figure this thread has gone down this rabbit hole long enough. Cheers!
When you took the cover off, if it had the all in one you should have seen the converter there. As well as a fan.

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:22 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
When you took the cover off, if it had the all in one you should have seen the converter there. As well as a fan.
Fan was certainly present as was some indications that I was looking at the converter module and not just a power distribution center. I suppose I could have mentioned that but I didn't know if the fan could also be a component of merely a power distribution center.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:30 AM   #44
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Fan was certainly present as was some indications that I was looking at the converter module and not just a power distribution center. I suppose I could have mentioned that but I didn't know if the fan could also be a component of merely a power distribution center.
Fan indicated that your converter was right behind it in the distribution panel.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1445527795496.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	92500
The fan is attached to your drop in converter assembly.
Lower right.

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"
Old 10-22-2015, 10:34 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Fan indicated that your converter was right behind it in the distribution panel.
Super, thanks. I appreciate all your help!
Old 10-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #46
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Super, thanks. I appreciate all your help!
No problem.
Basically you have built in charge wizard technology!

Mine appears to be able to be adjusted as where your does not.

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"

Tags
converter, power