Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingoftheRoad View Post
Thank-you very much BCLemens. Another speedy reply, with photographic evidence to boot!

Since you've provided these clarifications, I've been thinking about how others might be confused by the exaggerted claims of your competitors. I applaud Forest River's truth in advertising and wouldn't want you to change this. On the other hand, it may put you at an unfair disadvantage with shoppers that focus on the technical details (like me) and don't catch the subterfuge. Other than putting footnotes (something we agree that most people don't read or understand) on your own specifications to clarify how they stack up against your competitors, I'm not sure how to address this. I can say that Forest River's more realistic specifications and your timely assistance on this forum have had a positive impact on my impression of Forest River. Thanks.
I just had this conversation since we are in the process of proof reading some brochures. We'll either list what we currently do with more info (i.e. 9.8 gallons capacity, 12.25 gallon tank size) or we'll list it like everyone else, but instead of footnotes, put what we can right next to the text. I agree that we are handicapping our specifications by doing it this way...since industry standard seems to be just the opposite of how we do it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #22

Some follow the industry standard, some set the industry standard. Keep doing it the way you are--maybe with a little more explanation. What you are doing SHOULD be the industry standard.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #23

Ditto RV Bill Your 100% right. To many times people are trreated like mushrooms, kept in the dark and keep getting fed ---t. FR you guys do it right, don't give in.
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I just had this conversation since we are in the process of proof reading some brochures. We'll either list what we currently do with more info (i.e. 9.8 gallons capacity, 12.25 gallon tank size) or we'll list it like everyone else, but instead of footnotes, put what we can right next to the text. I agree that we are handicapping our specifications by doing it this way...since industry standard seems to be just the opposite of how we do it.
I like the idea of putting what you can next to the text. It seems much better than positioning out of sight.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote