Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #1

Propane regulator issue

OK newby here, just purchased a 2014 Solera and took it on its maiden run. Found it odd that when I turned on the propane valve I heard a rushing or dumping of propane gas which seemed to originate from the regulator valve.
I turned off the valve immediately checked the valve, regulator and piping but everything seemed fine. So I slowly open the valve again and everything worked. After 2 days of minimal use my tank was empty. I have a call into RV Care but thought I would ask you folks re this issue.

Thanks

Roger
Roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #2

FYI,
This could be the same problem I had:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...eak-64696.html

Good Luck and Happy Travels.

CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #3

I had the same problem with my 2014 24R. Had to have one regulator replaced .
BadBob
BadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #4

Well I Know that the RV Care network is alive and well here in Canada. The regular issue (see image) was taken care of in a speedy manner (thanks to my dealer Peden Rv and Traveland RV ). These forums are excellent!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1407803566.365948.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	834.0 KB
ID:	60248
Old 08-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger64 View Post
Well I Know that the RV Care network is alive and well here in Canada. The regular issue (see image) was taken care of in a speedy manner (thanks to my dealer Peden Rv and Traveland RV ). These forums are excellent!

Attachment 60248
Just wondering, for those who suffered regulator failures, did you find a better quality replacement. If so, what did you buy and would you recommend it. Thanks.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #6

All I know is the regulator they installed was CSA approved and not the same manufacturer as the failed regulator.
In the image the central area or the regular was missing. Not sure if that happened on route from the FR factory.
Mine came with a plastic housing on the outside of the regulator which was fastened together. If I had removed the housing I might have save a tank of propane (woulda coulda should have) oh well!

Roger

Tags
propane