Old 09-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #11
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I bought an Adco cover for my Solera last year and never even tried it as I only stored and winterized it for a couple of months. I was living in Sierras at 7,000 ft. I make frequent runs to Los Angeles to visit family. Approximately how long does it take and how difficult would this be for a very handy single female to try and cover my Solera? Ps- now living at only 4,700 ft. elev. but it still can get to 10 degrees below on occasion.
I was surprised at how easily my cover went on. When new I took the cover out of the box and laid it out on the driveway. I folded the sides into the center and then folded in the sides of the top toward the center until it was about 4' across and about 45' long. I rolled it up so that I could start unrolling it on the RV roof starting at the front. I made sure it was right side up and I could drop the sides as I went back. I covered all my rain gutters. To get it on the roof I put it in my TV bed and backed up to the RV. It was in a big roll and tied with a rope. I lifted and pushed and a friend was on the roof and pulled it on up with the rope. He untied it and walked along the roof unrolling it and dropping the sides. After he was done we made sure it was centered and then hooked and tightened all the straps. Preparation took a couple of hours but from lifting it up on the roof to finished was less than 15 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150118_153725_Ann St.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	341.5 KB
ID:	88322   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150119_111828_Ann Ave.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	88323   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150119_111851_Lynn Rd.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	88324   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150119_112301_Ann Ave.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	88325  

bobneal69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:04 PM   #12
Bobneal69, Thank you for the advice on installing the cover!

mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:42 PM   #13
Anyone find a cover for a V nose? We are storing our windjammer at home this year. It will be outside in the Ohio winter. We are thinking of getting a cover for the roof only. Anyone use those?
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:43 PM   #14
I have used an ADCO cover for the last 3 years. It is very easy to put on and take off, taking less than 20 minutes for either operation. We camp most every weekend and I put it on after every trip. It really helps keep the rig clean, and it is the next best thing to a garage for protection from the elements. Put something on any sharp edges and the cover should last quite a few years. I use 2 soccer balls for endcaps on my rear bumper and a tennis ball on a knob on the topper that sticks up when the slide out is pulled in.
Bob and Joy
2013 Sunseeker 3010DS
rhumbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:33 PM   #15
Thanks, Great info!

mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote

cover, solera