Old 07-17-2015, 04:41 PM   #51
We had a number if points of entry where the factory expanding foam had not been evenly applied. They had covered the visible areas of openings but not the hard to access areas. I was shocked at the poor job. We had mice the first week we owned the rig while in Florida in January. I spent most of the two weeks under the rig looking for holes. Initially it was easy to see deficiencies, but as I plugged those with rodent proof expanding foam they still visited. So on a dark night I had a very bright flashlight outside the rig and from the inside I could see light in a number of more places. So after I filled them, the problem stopped. The biggest hole that was impossible to see was where the cables from under the shower transitioned to under the bed. There are two different conduits there and the hole going into the space that ran across under the bed had a 2.5 inch hole. And the hole beside the water tank going up into that same area had a hole so large I needed wire mesh to hold the spray foam in place! Try the light outside and you looking around inside looking for it. Worked for me!

Eric Jackson
Ottawa Ontario Canada
2015 Solera 24R
backdoctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:47 PM   #52
Needs Help
I finally had time to look the complete rig over. Major holes will be filled with SS scrubbing pads available at WalMart and foamed with Touch 'n Foam landscape foam.

My descriptions are for a 2014 Solera S
By far the biggest hole was where the kitchen sink drain line and heat duct exit under the bathroom floor. Just behind the rear axle and close to the frame, forward of the black tank on the drivers side. Big enough to get my fist in.

Next is where the bathroom sink drain, black water vent line and toilet drain line go up through the bathroom floor above the black tank. These are nearly impossible to reach for me. I will fabricate a long extension nozzle for the foam and fill them.

Next was just inside the rear cargo door. The floor pan did not extend all the way to the rear wall and left about an inch gap. I stuffed this with steel scrubbing pads and will foam it.

One other place was where wires and water lines go through the floor under the kitchen sink. Just rear of the steps. I didn't attach a picture but if you crawl under with a flashlight it was easy to see mine had no foam. The foam guys obviously were in a hurry when building mine. Fortunately an easy fix, just a pain to deal with. I ended up removing the spare and spare carriage to make it easier to fix the big hole and get me closer to the other drain pipes.

I have attached several pictures and hope my descriptions help someone in the future. Once I foam all of these in, I hope to keep the mice away. We should have a building to store it in by spring and mice will be less of an issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4798.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	88606   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4795.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	348.0 KB
ID:	88607   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4805.jpg
Views:	87