Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 10:58 AM   #121

24R Rattling Windows

I have read the thread several times. I have even called and spoke with Hehr. Our RV guy says we have to replace whole window. He also says the part number is for a double pane window. We live in Phoenix, AZ. Now I don’t know what to do? HELP!!
sosaysjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:15 PM   #122
2015 Solera 24R

I got the Hehr windows replaced via my local RV shop. Yes, they were thicker (double pane) windows. It solved our rattle issue! That was over 2 years ago. The replacement was covered under warranty so cost us nothing. We're so glad we had this done.

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:35 AM   #123

I had mine replaced under warranty as well. That was about 3 years ago. They recently started rattling again. I observed the forward one rattling, not sure if the other one does it as well. I made sure the closures were cranked in good, but still got a rattle.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:05 PM   #124
2015 Solera 24R

Hmmm.... So far our 2-year-old replacement windows are not rattling. If I had that issue I would go through my local or nearest Forest River dealership's Service department. I'd have them contact Hehr on my behalf and ask (or insist) that the work be redone with no cost to me. - Gary

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote