Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2014, 07:56 PM   #21

We also had the problem with our 2014 which we bought in August 2013. The rattling was severe from front dinette window to the point of seeing a gap between frame and glass as mentioned in previous post. We took it back to the dealer where we purchased it and they said they adjusted it. No improvement and when I called and talked to HERH window rep, I was told there are NO adjustments in that window (so what did dealer really do??). I contacted FR warranty and have now taken it to another authorized FR warranty location (Camping World) and they are awaiting some parts from HEHR or new window to replace it.... I do not know for sure which they will do as it is still in the shop. Hopefully what ever is done will really fix it this time. I think anyone who has this problem should contacted FR to ensure they are aware of problem.

As a side note (but very important).....we have received excellent support/assistance from FR Warranty Dept (Hats off to Russel Stull) for all of our warranty fixes. I am confident that will continue.

Dale
rdjjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #22

We still have our Solera in for repairs. Your information on the windows was helpful but scary!
Susan94066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #23

I need help - those windows drive me crazy , I am afraid of loosing them! At speeds over 55 they rattle and vibrate like mad. I tried everything from pipe insulation to taping the windows to stopping at repairshops- the only answers I get is "cheap constrction" and "flimsy windows".
Bclemens, you are my last hope - any suggestion what can be done? MH is now 13 months old and that rattling is so bad that I am considering selling if we can't fix it....
Any help or contact is appreciated!
Btw other than this problem I love my solera...
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #24
Commercial Member

My only suggestion would be to contact Hehr directly. Supposedly they have some anti vibration clip that they offer. I have not looked into what it consists of.

Indiana Window Plant
1101 N. Oak Road
P.O. Box 219
Plymouth, IN 46563-0219
Phone: 574-935-5122
Fax: 574-935-5745
Email: CSHehrIN@hehrintl.com

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #25
2012 Solera

Rattling Windows

You could take a look at this web site to see if it might be a solution. I'm thinking of the slid out edge before the windows. This may reduce the Venturi effect that pulls on the window. I'm not a aerodynamic injunear, but, it might worth a test!
Just throwing that out there....

www.airtab.com/
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #26

We also just purchased a 24s and on the drive down I35 we thought our window was going to blow out also. Is this even a warranty issue or just a bad product?
dkarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:26 AM   #27
Commercial Member

See the Hehr post above. Give them a call and find out.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:41 AM   #28
Mod free 5er

Might look around for auto vent visors and mount them vertically in front of the windows instead of horizontal.

AVS 94359 Auto Vent Shade Ventvisor Deflector - Rakuten.com Shopping
Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #29

Thank you for the contact info, I will contact Hehr.
On the other hand I am disappointed about FR - those flimsy windows are a known issue and FR shoud investigate and offer a solution, not make the customer troubleshoot!

Question - are the same windows still getting installed or is there a better product now like thicker glass? Is it possible to exchange the whole window?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #30

I would like to know if there is a better product, too. We took our 2014 24R SLED, into Dealership and they tried some sort of repair. Then we took it out for a short trip (200 miles), just to test repairs. As we were driving, we heard a loud pop sound 3 or 4 different times, coming from dining area. The rattling began again. We are also trying to resolve this ourselves.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:11 PM   #31
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loefflerh View Post
Thank you for the contact info, I will contact Hehr.
On the other hand I am disappointed about FR - those flimsy windows are a known issue and FR shoud investigate and offer a solution, not make the customer troubleshoot!

Question - are the same windows still getting installed or is there a better product now like thicker glass? Is it possible to exchange the whole window?
I'm not asking you to troubleshoot and pawn everything off onto you...

1. Those windows have been run on trailers long before we went to them. So (like a tree falling in the forest) were they rattling before and no one noticed? Or is this unique to something Hehr has done recently.

2. We don't see this across the board, so why is it only happening on some?

3. We have asked Hehr for input. They're basically claiming they don't seem to be hearing about problems. So if we're doing something to fix them are we not letting them know? So I figure if they have retail customers calling them...maybe they respond a little quicker than they currently are.

So please don't take me posting that info as "kicking the can". I would like to put as much pressure on them as possible.

As far as I know that is what we are currently installing. Again, I seem to recall in staff meeting that Hehr was doing some sort of vibration clip. I'll see if I can get more info.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #32

We've had our 2013 s for almost 2 years
Never noticed any rattling windows wind or not. Just wished the rear window would open.
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:16 AM   #33

Bclemens thank you for the update. Could you please do me a favor. ...I need the Hehr part # for that window ( 24 R 2013) than I am on the right track..
Thank you Hans
Old 05-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #34
Commercial Member

Short version is 6462-245535

Long version (just in case and because I can't believe it)

Old 05-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #35

As I mentioned in my previous post (#21) we also had the rattling window problem from the very first trip and a clip was mentioned but after second trip in to dealer for repair, HEHR sent dealer thicker window to replace thinner one ..under warranty. We have not been on trip yet to check it out to see if that fixed the problem. FR and HEHR must know that problem and hopefully are working on a permanent fix as they build new Solera.
rdjjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #36

Smile Rattling windows

Bclemens has given us some great suggestions. Today, my husband went to where we have our Solera stored and is getting the dining room window measurement. We think, we will give the information that bclemens provided us, to our Service Manager, Bobby (knowledgable and nice guy) at the dealership we purchased the Solera 24r SLED. Bobby is extremely busy and might not have time to do research on his own. In this way it may help him,with future customers, that may have the same problem. I will let u know how that works.

We do realize that with anything new, there are bound to be a few glitches but overall we love our so Solera.
Thank you for ALL suggestions and help!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #37

Hehr window part numbers please

I contacted Hehr and they have a new track and clips to solve the window rattling.

They need the Hehr window part numbers.

I have a 2013 24 R

Dinette window is 26 3/4 x 55 3/8 glass
Sink window is 23 3/4 x 20

Can anyone get us the part numbers please?

Larry
13larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #38
Commercial Member

It seems to only be the big window that is rattling. If you move your eyes up the page I put the part number ^^ Up there^^

Old 05-09-2014, 08:37 AM   #39

Why the short version and long version for part numbers? Which one is correct?
13larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:40 AM   #40
Commercial Member

I explain it there...I will rephrase

Long version (just in case the short version doesn't work and because I can't believe it is that long).