Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #41

Brian, please confirm the long pn. According to Rose at Hehr "part # at the end the 2551 means light gray glass" and we have dark brown tint. Thanks Larry
13larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #42
Commercial Member

That is the part number purchasing gave me. I can't imagine that Hehr can't pull up an invoice and see what they shipped to us (Plant #34). I only use one tint from them.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #43

Correct pn for left side slide out windows: 6462-245-535-3535-5591

Hehr is now providing thicker glass.

Rivets need to be drilled out to replace glass.

Larry
Old 05-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #44

Bclemens, thank you very much for your help. And FR customer service was as before just great.
Of course Herth never had a single issue with those windows, nobody ever told them about problems....and the sky is orange LOL
Anyhow I am getting a set of new thicker glass panels .....will update as soon as I know more. According to Rose Nathan it should be an easy self install..no mention of rivets. Drilling out a rivet should be easy.... but where do I get those big black rivets.. and I only have a standard tool for normal size rivets....
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #45

Loefflerh, Rose said the rivets come with the new glass.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #46

Thanks....any more hints how to remove the old and install the new panel? I just hope it becomes obvious when i have the replacement part on my hand. ...
Old 05-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #47

Got the new windows (Hehr is calling them vents). They are thicker and quite a bit heavier! They came in a heavy wooden box well packed...
Drilled out the rivets, took the old window out.
Hung the new window on the hinge - track and tried to close it -it would not!
Took pictures and emailed Hehr.
Installed the old window again, instead of rivets used 5mm screws instead as a temp fix.
Answer came back from Hehr, and they have great customer support - you get normally an answer within 30 min! They changed the hinge track about 1 1/2 years ago, so if you are in for new windows make sure you get the correct style!
New Panels on order again...
Old 05-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
I have a 2014 24R and have not had any issues with the widows rattling to date. Just completed an 800 mile trip. I do get a little rattle from the slide out awning that could be confused with coming from the windows. Not saying that might be your source as you have seen the flexing.
I think the tapping I here also is from the awning arm during travel. I say that because listening to the noise seems its coming from the door area, but its not the screen, I eliminated that already. Was thinking of putting a dab of clear silicone caulk where the arm support closes inside itself, to give it a snug point to stop any wind buffeted arm travel.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #49

Rattling Window & Noise (Slapping sound) from driver door area

Eddie and I took our Solera 24R out for Memorial Day. The windows in dinette side did not rattle this trip. We haven't had her in for servicing again, so there has been no additional fix. I can't explain why, but just happy they are not rattling

We are still hearing a slapping sound coming from the drivers door area. My husband put some adhesive on a loose piece of rubber in slide area thinking that might be the problem, but it is not.

It is most noticeable on surface streets as opposed to highways. I realize this sound nuts, but slower speeds and not as smooth roadways, seems to make it worse. It sound like a belt slapping inside the drivers door to me.

We will take a look at the previous suggestion, and take a look at the slide out awning arm, too.

Other than the noises, we are still loving our Solera.
Susan94066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:00 AM   #50

You don't have something inside the door storage compartment sliding around do you?
Old 05-29-2014, 06:24 AM   #51

No, but thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes it does turn out to be something as simple as that. The noise is coming from that specific area though. Sounds like tapping. At first I thought it might be the coax tapping the roof, but I eliminated that as well the only thing I can think of is the awning arm making contact on itself and projecting the sound. Thought I'd move the awning, wedge some foam, close it and see if it goes away. If that works, I would go further to try and isolate it.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #52

The tapping on my 2013 24R roof was caused by the TV antenna, fixed it by bending the wing up 1 inch.
3886john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:30 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3886john View Post
The tapping on my 2013 24R roof was caused by the TV antenna, fixed it by bending the wing up 1 inch.
Can I ask how you knew it was your TV antenna making the noise. Also, I assume you have the winguard batwing type. Were the wing tips hitting the roof?
Old 06-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #54

It is the Winguard. When I went up to look the front of it was touching the roof, and had left a slight mark on the roof. My first thought had been the coax cable but that was tied down tight.
3886john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3886john View Post
It is the Winguard. When I went up to look the front of it was touching the roof, and had left a slight mark on the roof. My first thought had been the coax cable but that was tied down tight.
Thanks, I'll take a look at that.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #56
Needs Help

Add us to the list of new Solera owners with a rattling booth window. Ours is a 2014 24S and we have only put 200 miles on this and we finally narrowed our rattle down to a flapping window. Is this now something Forrest River will address? I don't feel up to the task of mounting the new windows if held on by rivets.

Edit: It also rattles so much it actually opened the window on two different occasions.
Living_The_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:30 AM   #57

I don't feel up to the task of mounting the new windows if held on by rivets

If you are able to drill out the old rivets - that is actually very easy - you can mount the new one using 4mm (3/8'') screws.

Update: according UPS my new windows are "out for delivery"
Old 06-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loefflerh View Post
I don't feel up to the task of mounting the new windows if held on by rivets

If you are able to drill out the old rivets - that is actually very easy - you can mount the new one using 4mm (3/8'') screws.

Update: according UPS my new windows are "out for delivery"
Did the factory pay to pick up the wrong ones they sent?

Just askin.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:03 AM   #59

They are still sitting here....I am sure they will...Hehr was a pleasure to work with, great customer support. They made a mistake and immediately did everything possible to correct it. Thank you Rose!!
Hans
Old 06-05-2014, 07:27 AM   #60
Needs Help

Would you mind detailing the procedure to remove the window? I may get brave and do it.
Living_The_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote