Old 06-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #81

I am wondering after contacting Rose at Hehr why our fix for the rattling dinette window problem is going to be a new inner and outer vent seal while some are getting new windows?

Old 06-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #82
Needs Help

My old seals worked fine with the new glass. It would be easy to replace if you needed new.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #83

I have a 2013 S I guess I'm wondering if there were different windows sizes put into the 13R and 2014's? I have some rattling in high wind but have not noticed anything like what's been talked about here. Also are we talking about windows closed or open? As I don't drive with the coach windows open.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #84

Of course windows closed!!!!

The actual problem is the window thickness, the window was flexing like crazy and then making the noise - it looked terrible and the sound drove me nuts.
2013 - 2014 should have the same glass thickness and size - I have no idea what they are using now. The standard thickness was 3mm and I got that replaced with 4 mm and the flexing stopped.
Somewhere in 2013 they changed the aluminum hinge on top which is glued on, and the older is not interchangeable with the newer one. IF you can see the top edge of the glass from the outside its the newer style, if the edge is covered (behind) the aluminum its the older one...
Old 06-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #85

I have been reading this thread and am wondering which specific windows are the issue. Are they only the double windows on the dinette model S. I have a 2012 S and am not sure what i'm looking for when in flight. Also, are there other Solera owners equipped with Hehr 3 mm windows, that do not have the flexing issue. Seems that can't be possible that some will or won't have the flexing issue, since they are all the same thicness of glass.

Also, is Hehr willing to exchange out the windows upon direct contact with them, even after the initial warranty period has expired from FR.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
I have been reading this thread and am wondering which specific windows are the issue. Are they only the double windows on the dinette model S. I have a 2012 S and am not sure what i'm looking for when in flight. Also, are there other Solera owners equipped with Hehr 3 mm windows, that do not have the flexing issue. Seems that can't be possible that some will or won't have the flexing issue, since they are all the same thicness of glass.

Also, is Hehr willing to exchange out the windows upon direct contact with them, even after the initial warranty period has expired from FR.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #87

I would not worry about it if I would not have any issues! That is nothing which comes over time - I had that problem from day one....

Hans
Old 06-24-2014, 11:36 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
I have a 2013 S I guess I'm wondering if there were different windows sizes put into the 13R and 2014's? I have some rattling in high wind but have not noticed anything like what's been talked about here. Also are we talking about windows closed or open? As I don't drive with the coach windows open.
We never drive with our windows open. I don't know about the size difference between the S and R models. We are planning a trip to Oregon in July so we'll see if the rattle comes back and try to find out what the noise is in the drivers door area.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan94066 View Post
We never drive with our windows open. I don't know about the size difference between the S and R models. We are planning a trip to Oregon in July so we'll see if the rattle comes back and try to find out what the noise is in the drivers door area.
What does that noise sound like. Also, I would appreciate anybodys response to my specific inquiry on this issue. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #90

Are the frameless windows the ones that rattle? We're in the market for a new 23-25 ft motorhome and are seriously thinking of a Solera. One of our holdbacks is neither myself or my husband like the new frameless windows. Are these the only ones that rattle? They look gorgeous but we want to be able to open larger for more air, particularly as we sometimes do state parks and dry camp and you can't run a generator at night.