Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2014, 07:04 AM   #101

We just came out of Mass. up there low humidity we could open the windows and turn on the fantastic fans and with the front slide window open it was perfect. But now we're in PA and the humidity is up there and the AC is on. Just depends on where you're at and the weather.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #102

This is what we got from Hehr to fix the rattling dinette window problem. I am scratching my head over this one and saying huh!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1403709804.190123.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	917.2 KB
ID:	56313

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dkarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #103

I tried a very similar self adhesive foam tape as an intermediate fix -esp. on the divider between the 2 windows. Maybe it decreased the noise ever so slightly...it did not stop it and the flexing was still there. Will be interesting to hear what your outcome is.....
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #104
Needs Help

I think part of the problem is the crank and those long arms. Not enough leverage to really clamp that thinner window.

I would call Hehr and get specific instructions on applying the new weatherstrip. If in the end you still have an issue, I feel Hehr will help you find a fix. My situation was probably extreme as my window would actually rattle open after a few miles. The new thicker glass is rock steady now. I also got new crank hardware. It's possible mine was worn out from lots of people trying it while it sat on the dealer lot. My new cranks feel solid compared to my original ones, even though they look exactly the same.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #105

Hi
Did the weather stripping work to stop the window from rattling ,I have a issue with my dinette window shaking and noisy at highway speeds ,they are sending my dealer the weather stripping to fix the issue. I am not sure this will fix the window flex ,let me know how it worked for you.
Thanks Bill

Bill Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #106

For anyone interested - I just got home from a long trip and I can report that the flexing and rattling of the dinette window is completely eliminated with the thicker replacement window I got.

And BTW making the windows open wider then from the factory install was one of the best mods I made
Old 08-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #107
Needs Help

I'm 8000 miles into a Canada/Alaska trip and can agree with Loeffler. From banging down gravel roads to super twisty mountain roads, not a peep out of my new thicker windows. The only rattle I hear is the cookie sheet and pizza pans I store in the oven. Even those only squeak once in a while.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:37 PM   #108
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

To Mr. Brian Clemons, has FR taken into consideration to replace the thin with thick window?
To Loefflerh, can you please share with us where you ordered the thick the window from and if you were able to do the replacement yourself?
HomeOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #109
Needs Help

I believe Loefflerh and I were possibly the only two who got thicker windows. Shortly after that people started saying they got new weatherstriping. He and I called Hehr and they sent us the new windows. I'm not sure if anyone that got the weatherstrip kit reported how well that worked.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:52 PM   #110
Commercial Member

HomeOnWheels, Hehr fixed the window issue as soon as we heard it. Everything being built already has thicker glass.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:00 PM   #111
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
HomeOnWheels, Hehr fixed the window issue as soon as we heard it. Everything being built already has thicker glass.
I must say I'm so impressed - you are listening and making extraordinary efforts for improvement! Thank you!
HomeOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:59 AM   #112

Read the Post "rattling windows".
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-50915-7.html

#61 how to install
#67 shows the change to open window more

Hans
Old 03-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #113
2015 Solera 24R

Issue with door and window rattles, flexing

Bob Clemens,

We are experiencing the noise issue on our 2015 Solera with the dinette windows (flexing, rattling at highway speed).

I'm in the process of trying to contact the HEHR Indiana Window Plant's customer service department about the dinette windows.

Question: Who do I contact about the door to the coach? Is this HEHR as well?
Our RV is in winter storage away from the house now so I can't check on this.

The door has a terrible issue as well at highway speeds with the top rear edge rattling and letting in the whistling wind.

Thank you!

Gary

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:49 PM   #114
Commercial Member

The door you should contact your dealer. Sometimes it is not the door but the awning. If there is any gap at all either can whistle.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #115
2015 Solera 24R

Bob Clemens,

It is pretty obvious that the wind is entering and whistling around the top back corner of the door at highway speeds. We see this corner moving quite wildly when we hear the noise. The noise is tied directly to the door.

I don't believe that the awning be part of our issue.

We had the Solera at the dealer recently for this very issue (and some others). They THOUGHT that they fixed it. We recently returned from a two week trip, so put up with this noise/whistle nearly every day.

What other thoughts do you have on this? I WILL be taking it back to the dealer to be fixed AGAIN, but don't have any confidence that they will solve the problem.

- Gary

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:15 AM   #116

May I suggest to do this step before you return it to the dealer. Recreate the driving condition needed to effect your door noise issue. While in motion, place your fingers in along the interior door seam where you suspect the movement is occurring. Draw a diagram of the interior doorside, and mark on it, the areas along the seam, that you determine is making the wind noise. Present that diagram to the dealer when you drop it off.

From what I observed on my older Solera, there is no adjustment on the hinge side, but only on the latch side. If your door is not in plane with the manufactured opening in the coach body, and the latch adjustment may not fix the issue, there is only one other "fix". change out ( thicker) and or adjust the door rubber seal, to stop the air intrusion during flight.

Dealers are a funny bunch. Some will shoot it to straight, others will give you the BS with a smile. Your issue will best be addressed, if you come to them with your analysis on what is occuring during flight. Then, you will observe the type of dealer you bought from. Good luck and let us know how it goes. FR does a good job. The dealer network can get tricky, especially with all the variables they face, skill set of their employees, while dealing with multiple lines carried on their lots.

I had a dometic fridge failure within the 2 yr mfg warranty period, and interviewed three area dealers who were dometic approved to have it repaired. My expierence with the young lady service manager was spot on. I asked her point blank while she pulled up a schmatic of the fridge guts, how exactly will they fix that, being it is intergrated into the body, she replied "I have no idea", but our service department has certified techs that do. I mean you talk about honest. So, as she stated it was done right, and on time. I just had a feeling. Good luck!
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #117

Sorry to be responding so late. At the rally this last summer I showed the techs the weather stripping and they didn't think that would help so they ordered and installed a new thicker window for us, which fixed the problem.

dkarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:31 AM   #118

Wind sucks dinette windows out as much as an inch!

Ours is a 2014 Solera 24R. At 60 mph with cross winds the dinette windows rattles loudly and get sucked out so much that you can see daylight. See this video we took during a fairly mild episode.

2 months ago, the window over the sink actually fell out, broken at the upper hinge and dangled by the metal retractor bars. Fortunately we parked when this happened and merely closing the window with the knob. Duct taped it back on and drove carefully home. Can't say if this was related to the wind problems but I gotta think that movement as extreme as this while driving stresses the hinges. We pray the larger dinette window doesn't rip off while driving. Unit is at dealer currently replacing the sink window. They are now evaluating the dinette window problem.

My question is: Is there a consensus regarding the fix? I've see "Replace with thicker glass" most often but also a handful of other fixes.
Attached Files
marfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:02 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loefflerh View Post
Read the Post "rattling windows".
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-50915-7.html

#61 how to install
#67 shows the change to open window more

Hans
I had the flexing window problem with the forward dinette glass panel. Occurred over 60mph, esp if windy. On close inspection found my early 2015 build used 3mm glass. Ordered replacement 4mm glass for the front panel only. Hehr would not take order direct and I unfortunately waited until after 1 year warranty was up. Parkin Glass took the order. Installed as per posts above (thanks for working it out Loefflerh). Replaced inner seal while window was off since corners were pulling out. Glad to report problem solved. Can be done as self repair if you are handy and detail oriented.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:15 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfel View Post
Ours is a 2014 Solera 24R. At 60 mph with cross winds the dinette windows rattles loudly and get sucked out so much that you can see daylight. See this video we took during a fairly mild episode.

2 months ago, the window over the sink actually fell out, broken at the upper hinge and dangled by the metal retractor bars. Fortunately we parked when this happened and merely closing the window with the knob. Duct taped it back on and drove carefully home. Can't say if this was related to the wind problems but I gotta think that movement as extreme as this while driving stresses the hinges. We pray the larger dinette window doesn't rip off while driving. Unit is at dealer currently replacing the sink window. They are now evaluating the dinette window problem.

My question is: Is there a consensus regarding the fix? I've see "Replace with thicker glass" most often but also a handful of other fixes.

So now we know why our driver side rear window fell off and shattered while driving through Louisiana this January. Yay. I guess we should expect more of the same.
barbhalsell is offline   Reply With Quote