Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #1

Remove Cab Steps?

Wanting to move my '13 Solera 24R from the paid storage yard to my driveway, but I'm concerned that the cab steps lack the clearance necessary to cross the hump between my street and the driveway.

I wonder if they bolt on underneath the chassis, and if anyone has removed them or replaced them with something that doesn't hang down so low.

TIA for any ideas.

Greg
gfior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #2

The steps are formed fiberglass which are bolted and strapped to the chassis. Try this instead; measure the height and drop of your cars front bumper as it crosses the bumpyou're concerned about taking note of the low point. Note that measurement and then transfer that measurement to the step clearance. You will find that you probably have room to spare. Just sayin'
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:24 PM   #3

Perhaps build up the driveway side with some 2x6 blocks (as many layers as you need - I carry about a dozen of these!) to extend out the front wheels on high ground to the point where the hump is past the cab steps? I would rather do that than unbolt anyting.
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:34 PM   #4

If possible try crossing your driveway threshold diagonally until your steps clear.