Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #21

Did the tables and mag racks come with it??
Old 05-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Looks awesome. I'll add a little armrest table to our dual recliner proto as well. It'snot necessary when you have a dinette...but why not have it, so we can offer the dual recliner ipo sofa/dinette on all floor plans.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #23

I built the cabinets and magizine rack. I left the opening between the two for the recliner handle. I used ultra light mdf and laminated it.
roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:11 PM   #24

Roberto

Nice work on the wood work.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:06 PM   #25

Nice, looks good!
PaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
Project is complete. Finally a place to set back and relax! Built cabinet with tray table on each side of loveseat with magazine racks behind them. Work perfect with existing tv arm. I am sending 2 pictures.
Roberto, you did a really nice stain match to the cabinets. Can you tell us what brand and color stain you used. Thanks.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #27

Thank you very much for the pics. Very nice.
Part time
2012-present
groupleaderpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #28

I laminated the cabinet and magazine rack with Formica (auburn maple). I used some stain to touch up existing wood and for that I used a combination or MinWax (gun stock) and (cherry).

Between the seats I laminated a L piece of wood and installed a double usb receptacle and a 12 volt receptacle below it.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #29

Quote:
I laminated the cabinet and magazine rack with Formica (auburn maple). I used some stain to touch up existing wood and for that I used a combination or MinWax (gun stock) and (cherry).

Between the seats I laminated a L piece of wood and installed a double usb receptacle and a 12 volt receptacle below it.
Roberto. Would you be willing to share your "floor plan" with others. You put a lot of work into your project and it is great and to be honest we would like to copy your work. We of course would pay for any material you deem we should.

Thanks for sharing what you have as it really gave us an alternative.

Dave
Part time
2012-present
Old 06-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #30

Let me know what you need help with.

The first thing you need to do is find and order the loveseat. We had a hard time finding one this size. Size is perfect. Would have been better if they built it without lift arm on side so it could be built in with no gap. If you use this one I put the information on the first page.

Taking out the dinette is easy. I ripped the carpet out at the same time and upgraded. Trace the old piece to the new piece. Get enough for the cab carpet so they will match. Take them both down to a carpet binder and have them both bound (perimeter). I had them put rubber backing on cab carpet.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:01 PM   #31

Quote:
Let me know what you need help with.

The first thing you need to do is find and order the loveseat. We had a hard time finding one this size. Size is perfect. Would have been better if they built it without lift arm on side so it could be built in with no gap. If you use this one I put the information on the first page.

Taking out the dinette is easy. I ripped the carpet out at the same time and upgraded. Trace the old piece to the new piece. Get enough for the cab carpet so they will match. Take them both down to a carpet binder and have them both bound (perimeter). I had them put rubber backing on cab carpet.
Thanks. One other question. Were the tables and magazine rack store bought or did you make these yourself?

Dave
Part time
2012-present
Old 06-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #32

Thanks. One other question. Were the tables and magazine rack store bought or did you make these yourself?

Dave
Part time
2012-present
Old 06-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #33

We made them our self.
We had 68 1/4" to work with. The love seat sides taper a little. We ended up with 3 1/2" of space left on each side at the front. So the tray table cabinet we built is 3 1/2" wide.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #34

Solera comfortable seats

These are great. I wish people that build these RVs would get this, we want comfortable seats. We almost purchased the 24M with the really nice recliners but didn't like the Murphy bed blocking the window. Now they have the new 24B which adds a very blah sofa and a very uncomfortable looking dinette. Why couldn't they put a comfortable recliner wall away sleeper type sofa or something that we could lounge and either no dinette or at least have a comfortable dinette. Also what we liked about the 24M was the large TV and large slide with windows all around. Why couldn't they have a pop up TV and kept a narrow cabinet. Born Free does that, has a pop up TV with a small dinette and extremely comfortable recliner sofa that goes down into a bed. ALSO WHY did they take away the large slide. The 24M had a large slide with side windows. They need to talk to RVers. We want comfort and also in smaller RVs we want windows, we love the outdoors and it makes inside less cramped feeling. The only thing worse to me is the U shaped dinettes in everything now, so uncomfortable. So I guess we'll just wait again until we find our right RV. At least the Coachmen 24G which I believe are sister companies, now has a very comfortable recliner sofa, but we don't want a back bed, we feel the room is wasted unless sleeping as the room cannot be used unless bed down and slide out. Would rather have back twins, could lounge on them or make into big bed.
cjscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #35
Commercial Member

We get it...it's not always that simple.

1. We put in a sofa/recliner and people come in and say, "we don't want to eat at the sofa it needs to have a dinette" We put in a dinette and people say "I always eat outside, I just want a comfortable sofa". But yet that sofa needs to turn into a bed. What makes a great comfortable sofa, does not always make a great comfortable bed. We would go residential style furniture, but then we need to accommodate the slide floor height...and seat belts, etc, etc.

2. We can put in some nice dinette chairs and freestanding table and you just lost a seatbelt.

3. We got rid of the pop-up TV because it wasted valuable space and people kept spilling things into the gaps. Also, it was great when you were sitting in the seats, but the TV was too low when you made it into a bed. So we switched to a drop down TV.

What you are describing is a floor plan that is perfect for you. Which is great...but we have to consider a floor plan that may not be perfect but will accommodate a larger market. And yes I do agree. Something designed to accommodate everyone is never really perfect for one person.

My question would be...why not buy the Born Free? If it has what you want...what is on there that is holding you back. I'm always looking for new floor plan ideas.

So if we go back to the drop down TV style, large slide out, maybe do a Flexsteel reclining sofa with pull out. When can I ship it?

Old 06-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We get it...it's not always that simple.

1. We put in a sofa/recliner and people come in and say, "we don't want to eat at the sofa it needs to have a dinette" We put in a dinette and people say "I always eat outside, I just want a comfortable sofa". But yet that sofa needs to turn into a bed. What makes a great comfortable sofa, does not always make a great comfortable bed. We would go residential style furniture, but then we need to accommodate the slide floor height...and seat belts, etc, etc.

2. We can put in some nice dinette chairs and freestanding table and you just lost a seatbelt.

3. We got rid of the pop-up TV because it wasted valuable space and people kept spilling things into the gaps. Also, it was great when you were sitting in the seats, but the TV was too low when you made it into a bed. So we switched to a drop down TV.

What you are describing is a floor plan that is perfect for you. Which is great...but we have to consider a floor plan that may not be perfect but will accommodate a larger market. And yes I do agree. Something designed to accommodate everyone is never really perfect for one person.

My question would be...why not buy the Born Free? If it has what you want...what is on there that is holding you back. I'm always looking for new floor plan ideas.

So if we go back to the drop down TV style, large slide out, maybe do a Flexsteel reclining sofa with pull out. When can I ship it?
A drop down large TV over the large window would also work. I won't buy the Born Free bc it is $150,000 for a Ford. Waaay waay overpriced. I would hope you would take suggestions and not be defensive. A pop up TV would work with a plush comfortable sofa that went into a bed as it would be lower than the murphy, or keep the dinette just make it taller, why is it so low, looks uncomfortable, hopefully someone will say different that sees one in person. Do people that are designing these RVs actually go camping? I own a small B+ right now, I want to upgrade it, is a 2003. The quality of the chairs, etc., is my issue with the new model. You had a very good quality recliner in the 24M and now you put in cheap looking dinette chairs, too low to even look out the window and a very basic sofa. I am also hoping for input from others that have seen one, maybe it is nicer in person. Why does Coachmen who is your sister company, have a high end recliner sofa in their 24G? It may sound like they are just my ideas, but I talk to people who own RVs, they want comfortable seats. I would expect you to take my suggestions, and weigh them, and see how many people think the way I do. You will see many people taking out the chairs, dinettes that come in them and exchanging for something else. Tell you something else we don't like, those stupid new windows that only crank out 2 inches. We go to state parks, etc., so what do you do when you can't run generator? Look nice from outside but they offer no air. Fantastic helps slightly. You also need an outside TV, put those things in and we will buy.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #37
Commercial Member

I apologize if you took that the wrong way, I am not trying to be defensive, simply explaining some of why we do what we do.

If you read above... "And yes I do agree. Something designed to accommodate everyone is never really perfect for one person" I am agreeing with you.

And I don't know of another way to ask why you did not buy the Born Free. I truly was curious as to why that one would not work. You spoke very highly of the unit...as I said (and I am not kidding) we are always looking for new floor plan ideas.

To answer your question...yes. We do RV. But you'll also see on here that everyone seems to have a little different requirements. We have tons of people that love the U-shape and won't buy anything else and some that hate it.

As for Coachmen, they are a separate division. They have different designers and different engineers. It's how we keep things different, they target a different market and go about it a different way. That way a customer has other choices.

Again I apologize if you were offended by my post. I was simply trying to convey that things are not always as simple as they seem and what works for one person may not work for another. In another post, I show a proto-type of dual recliners that we are working on right now. The problem with pull out beds are they are uncomfortable. Air mattresses leak, the small mattress ones wear out quickly. It is a work in process.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #38
Commercial Member

This is what we pro to-typed. The key is getting a comfortable bed out of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	54189  

Old 06-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #39

Looks interesting. If you look at home recliner sofas or wall-aways, or the ones in the Born Free, which is why I mentioned them, they do have good ideas in their small motorhomes. Maybe you could look into what they do bc they have very comfortable seating, they seem to really know how to maximize their space, but the price of them is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #40

I love what Roberto did here with the cabinets with the pop out tables. Beautiful and ingenious. The recliner Solera is offering looks similar and comforable but what does Solera offer for a table with the recliner option. Do they use a pop up table similar to the one with the sofa? Really love the recliner option.

Tags