Old 07-20-2015, 09:55 PM   #1

Road noise

Sorry for yelling but I took a test ride in a solera and could not get over the road noise. Sitting in the driver seat I could not hear my wife very well trying to talk to me from the booth dinette. Also sales man try to tell me everyone puts a pillow in the well between the entry door and the coach, Can this be true . I also took a test ride in winnie view and could not get over how much quieter it was then the solera. Did I just get a lemon of a solera or is their that much difference between the two coaches. Maybe I should try another solera? Thanks for any insight.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madvetos View Post
Sorry for yelling but I took a test ride in a solera and could not get over the road noise. Sitting in the driver seat I could not hear my wife very well trying to talk to me from the booth dinette. Also sales man try to tell me everyone puts a pillow in the well between the entry door and the coach, Can this be true . I also took a test ride in winnie view and could not get over how much quieter it was then the solera. Did I just get a lemon of a solera or is their that much difference between the two coaches. Maybe I should try another solera? Thanks for any insight.
That has not been my experience. What Yr/Model? Definately try another.

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod2Vibe View Post
That has not been my experience. What Yr/Model? Definately try another.
It was late last summer so probably a 2014 or 2015 24S.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:40 AM   #4

Unless she is going to ride in the dinette seat, it doesn't seem to be too much of an issue. However, if a View is that much quieter, unit to unit, spend the xtra $ and get what you want.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Unless she is going to ride in the dinette seat, it doesn't seem to be too much of an issue. However, if a View is that much quieter, unit to unit, spend the xtra $ and get what you want.
I was just using that scenario to illustrate the problem of the noise in the coach and wondering if it was a general quality difference between the two brands or did I just get a lemon of a solera on my teat drive (which is possible in any brand).
Old 07-21-2015, 11:09 AM   #6
RETIRED

I'd vote for a lemon. Try another if thtas what your interested in. Test drove a 24r last year it was a quiet unit better than my 2650s

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-e-d View Post
I'd vote for a lemon. Try another if thtas what your interested in. Test drove a 24r last year it was a quiet unit better than my 2650s
Thank you for your comment.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by madvetos View Post
I was just using that scenario to illustrate the problem of the noise in the coach and wondering if it was a general quality difference between the two brands or did I just get a lemon of a solera on my teat drive (which is possible in any brand).
Noted. My point was superficial in content. Your referral to "lemon" in regards to road noise is probably not the case. There would be a couple variables that come to mind that would produce sufficient interior road noise, when the MH is moving.

Road surface, and the coach door seal, to name a few. Unless, say in the example of an excessive coach door noise, due to a fitment issue, that would be a build issue. But, you would need someone to do a ride along to isolate the source.

Good luck.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Noted. My point was superficial in content. Your referral to "lemon" in regards to road noise is probably not the case. There would be a couple variables that come to mind that would produce sufficient interior road noise, when the MH is moving.

Road surface, and the coach door seal, to name a few. Unless, say in the example of an excessive coach door noise, due to a fitment issue, that would be a build issue. But, you would need someone to do a ride along to isolate the source.

Good luck.
"Very Nicely Said" GLTA