Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
Road noise

Sorry for yelling but I took a test ride in a solera and could not get over the road noise. Sitting in the driver seat I could not hear my wife very well trying to talk to me from the booth dinette. Also sales man try to tell me everyone puts a pillow in the well between the entry door and the coach, Can this be true . I also took a test ride in winnie view and could not get over how much quieter it was then the solera. Did I just get a lemon of a solera or is their that much difference between the two coaches. Maybe I should try another solera? Thanks for any insight.
__________________

__________________
madvetos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:16 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Pod2Vibe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dublin Ranch, CA
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by madvetos View Post
Sorry for yelling but I took a test ride in a solera and could not get over the road noise. Sitting in the driver seat I could not hear my wife very well trying to talk to me from the booth dinette. Also sales man try to tell me everyone puts a pillow in the well between the entry door and the coach, Can this be true . I also took a test ride in winnie view and could not get over how much quieter it was then the solera. Did I just get a lemon of a solera or is their that much difference between the two coaches. Maybe I should try another solera? Thanks for any insight.
That has not been my experience. What Yr/Model? Definately try another.
__________________

__________________
Pod2Vibe
2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped
TOAD: 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:45 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod2Vibe View Post
That has not been my experience. What Yr/Model? Definately try another.
It was late last summer so probably a 2014 or 2015 24S.
__________________
madvetos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,748
Unless she is going to ride in the dinette seat, it doesn't seem to be too much of an issue. However, if a View is that much quieter, unit to unit, spend the xtra $ and get what you want.
__________________
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:00 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Unless she is going to ride in the dinette seat, it doesn't seem to be too much of an issue. However, if a View is that much quieter, unit to unit, spend the xtra $ and get what you want.
I was just using that scenario to illustrate the problem of the noise in the coach and wondering if it was a general quality difference between the two brands or did I just get a lemon of a solera on my teat drive (which is possible in any brand).
__________________
madvetos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:09 AM   #6
RETIRED
 
n-e-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Not camping in New England
Posts: 765
I'd vote for a lemon. Try another if thtas what your interested in. Test drove a 24r last year it was a quiet unit better than my 2650s
__________________
Mary and Me
2015 2650s "Finally"

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:14 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-e-d View Post
I'd vote for a lemon. Try another if thtas what your interested in. Test drove a 24r last year it was a quiet unit better than my 2650s
Thank you for your comment.
__________________
madvetos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by madvetos View Post
I was just using that scenario to illustrate the problem of the noise in the coach and wondering if it was a general quality difference between the two brands or did I just get a lemon of a solera on my teat drive (which is possible in any brand).
Noted. My point was superficial in content. Your referral to "lemon" in regards to road noise is probably not the case. There would be a couple variables that come to mind that would produce sufficient interior road noise, when the MH is moving.

Road surface, and the coach door seal, to name a few. Unless, say in the example of an excessive coach door noise, due to a fitment issue, that would be a build issue. But, you would need someone to do a ride along to isolate the source.

Good luck.
__________________
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:48 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida/Thailand/Texas
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Noted. My point was superficial in content. Your referral to "lemon" in regards to road noise is probably not the case. There would be a couple variables that come to mind that would produce sufficient interior road noise, when the MH is moving.

Road surface, and the coach door seal, to name a few. Unless, say in the example of an excessive coach door noise, due to a fitment issue, that would be a build issue. But, you would need someone to do a ride along to isolate the source.

Good luck.
"Very Nicely Said" GLTA
__________________

__________________
CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.