Old 03-28-2015, 02:30 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Keep in mind that GS, Coachnet, AAA, etc. all use independent shops and there are some borderline incompetent wrecker services. We've had AAA since 1974 and have used them probably 6 times in numerous locations and have only had one that was a little shaky out of Lonoke, AR on a flat tire. He (young man) couldn't get the spare out from under the bed of the truck. Finally had to show him how to lower it.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:30 PM   #12

I'll put in a good word for Coach-net...helped 2x this year so far...both times I got fast and professional service and action. I might be tempted by Good Sam if their price is way better, but otherwise, I'm sticking with CN.

2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:42 PM   #13

I had my transmission go out half way up our local mountains here in Southern Califonia. I called AAA, told them I had a broke down truck and a travel trailer. Twenty minutes later a flatbed showed up. The truck went on the flatbed, the trailer hooked up to the back and we were off. Not the first time AAA has bailed me out.
Eric F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:07 PM   #14
GLCM Warrior

We have Good Sam. Called them once for a flat repair...got tired of waiting & changed the tire myself. When I called them back about 2 hrs after the initial call, they still hadn't arranged a dispatch.

Will probably keep Good Sam only because in the event my tow vehicle is disabled, they say they will tow the 5'ver to a nearby campground while the TV is being repaired. Unsure if the other two services do that or not.
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:55 AM   #15

Progressive

Has anybody had experience with the Progressive Insurance RV road service?
They provide the same services (on paper at least) as GS, AAA, etc., BUT at a fraction of the cost (I think its only $25 added to your policy).
Old 03-30-2015, 10:06 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswiss View Post
Has anybody had experience with the Progressive Insurance RV road service?
They provide the same services (on paper at least) as GS, AAA, etc., BUT at a fraction of the cost (I think its only $25 added to your policy).
I only have progressive insurance for my travel trailer. Have never used them in the past and would also like to hear anyone that have used them. I have AAA for my tow vehicle and thought about them for my trailer. The problem that I have with them and Good Sam's is that to cover both tow vehicle and trailer requires additional costs, and AAA only covers the owner of the policy, not family members (requires a consecutive memberships).
Old 03-30-2015, 07:48 PM   #17

Progressive handles my Ins which includes rd svs. nothing but good things to say about them
Old 11-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #18

I know this thread is getting older but I have been wondering about coverage. My Coach-Net has expired, I have Progressive as my camper policy and I was wondering if I need to start the Coach-Net up again, go with Good-Sam or do nothing since I have Progressive. What do you more experienced travel trailer owners do?
Nights Camped 2017 29
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #19

I have Progressive, for more than 9 years. I have used their road service twice, both together pulled out of mud. Excellent. They sent the Correct tow truck with the right ko operator