Old 10-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #11

There is just the DW and me and we wanted a small propane grill for 2 and found just the ticket on Craigslist. A Coleman Tag-Along retailing for $80 and found a brand new never used one for $40. I shopped for 3 weeks on Craigslist until this one popped up and I grabbed it. Got to love Craigslist but you need to use some smarts when buying this way. You can get screwed real fast, but you can save a lot of $'s on the right deal.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #12
GM

The Aussie grill and quick connect that is an option on the Solera, comes with a wall mount bracket. However, we feared a flare up and smoke, so we ship a folding stand with every unit. That way you can keep it just outside the awning.
Attached Images

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #13

Weber Q 100 converted for use with the factory regulated quick disconnect. The best portable bbq I have ever had.
Bob z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #14

Weber One Touch Silver kettle grill with charcoal, or a Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" smoker with charcoal, or a Lang 84D trailer mounted stickburning smoker/cooker to feed the whole campground!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #15

Coleman Roadtrip, fits in the compartment. Got a small propane tank and a hose from Lowes and threw away the greenies!!
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #16

We purchased the Aussie grill option with our Solera. We use the stand in lieu of wall mounting. The quick connect installed at the factory puts the grill under the awning and by the door. We have used the grill numerous times and are very happy with it. However the hose that comes with the grill, does not allow you to get out from under the awning. This has not been a problem for us.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #17

I bought a small red Coleman.
Portable and lite.
Uses the small LP bottles or I can use the ones in the trailer or pack a third tank just for the grill and lantern.
I can move it any place I want to be.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #18

Made in the U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrkd View Post
We have the Weber Q220 as well. I am very pleased with it. The one I found was at Walmart of all places and came with a stand and the grill for 249 bucks. I didn't "mount" the grill to the stand and didn't install the nice curved Weber background on the stand so the legs can come apart quickly and easily and the grill (although tall) fits into the storage area in our 5th wheel. Weber is a name you can't go wrong with.
We have the same. You can only purchase this particular model at Walmart with the removable legs. We use the legs; but we did remove the side tables and also discarded the gray plastic background on the legs. At the RV site we install the legs and disassemble for easy storage when traveling. It cooks great; it' s made in the USA; very solid and easy to clean.
Attached Images

2014 Rockwood 8289WS - Goodyear Tires
2013 F150 crew 4x4 5.0L 3.73 6 1/2 bed
supersprings & timbren & B &W turnoverball
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection hitch
Jerry & Lisa, Nebraska, USA
sonic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman Taylor View Post
Anybody have any experience with this grill ? or what is your favorite RV'ing type BBQ grill? Stainless Steel Gas Grill - Cast Aluminum - Olympian 5500 - PPL Motor Homes
I have the grill you have noted and love using it attached to the rail on the side of the trailer. It does need to be preheated before use. Have had no problems using the grill under the awing and mounted on the side of the trailer.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #20

Aussie Grill and connection question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The Aussie grill and quick connect that is an option on the Solera, comes with a wall mount bracket. However, we feared a flare up and smoke, so we ship a folding stand with every unit. That way you can keep it just outside the awning.
Does anyone know if the quick connect propane line is located on the outside of the Solera if you do not order the BBQ grill option? If not, is it fairly easy to run a gas line off of the tank?

Thanks,

Brian

Tags
bbq