Old 03-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #21
No. Quick connect is part of the grill options. (Option reads "Exterior Grill W/ Quick connect")

It may be easier for the customer than it is for us. We have to retest all the gas lines which means disconnecting a bunch of stuff. Big pain for the factory to do after the fact (so we don't). On this forum you'll find lots of end users that have done it.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #22
Factory Installed BBQ Option Great!

On our 2015 2500 TSF we got the Factory option on the BBQ grill (Aussie) with the quick disconnect and so glad we did. Forest River did such a clean job. The grill connect on the rig has it own little access door. But... I was wondering how it was put in? Is this able to be used both ways (like a Extend-a-valve). How are the gas lines installed? Are they before or after the regulator. Will I still have to purchase and install a separate Extend-a-valve for my rig. All the Extend-a-valves I've seen seem to come as a grill & tank combination.

2016.5 FR3 30DS AKA "Serenity"
Searching for that perfect spot with loving Wife & 2 mini dachshunds

Days Camped 2015 56
Days Camped 2016 121 and counting
DavidMPDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #23
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The Aussie grill and quick connect that is an option on the Solera, comes with a wall mount bracket. However, we feared a flare up and smoke, so we ship a folding stand with every unit. That way you can keep it just outside the awning.

Ordered the Aussie with my Cadet. Actually like it better than my Weber. Very light weight and cooks fast. The stand is light and very convenient. Will definitely get another one when this one burns out.
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #24
Originally Posted by Toolman Taylor View Post
Anybody have any experience with this grill ? or what is your favorite RV'ing type BBQ grill?

Stainless Steel Gas Grill - Cast Aluminum - Olympian 5500 - PPL Motor Homes
We have the little brother to this grill but with the same stand and bracket option for cooking on the side of the TT.
Love the stand. Works really well when we want to have the grill stand alone on a picnic table or even on the ground. Occasionally we have found it convenient to us the bracket on the side of the TT. The stand converts to the bracket mounting easily and provide plenty of stand off to keep the grill comfortably away from the side of the camper. We suggest if this grill has the option, get the adaptor to use the 1lb propane bottles for added flexibility. That way you're not "tied" to the TT or the tank.
FR Wildwood 22 RKS
2007 1/2 Dodge 2500, Cummins 6.7
Retirement training completed
Currently enjoying second childhood
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #25
I just picked up a Weber Q1200 and a 6' adapter hose. The grill fits in my storage compartment with plenty of room to spare. Thanks for all the advice it is perfect, and exactly what we were wanting.
2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #26
Another grill to consider is the Cuisinart CGG 200

We have been using this grill in our Solera since April and we absolutely love it. Very solid and it fits perfectly in the Solera 24R rear side storage area. I'm currently using the disposable green propane canisters but plan on running a T off the propane tank when we upgrade to a 20 gal. tank when they become available from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote