Old 07-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #21

When we ordered our MS model on April 24 our dealer told us to expect it to be about 12 weeks. Told us to expect email from FR to confirm order which never happened - our salesman called to do that. In mid June the first offline date we were given was July 25th then a week later our salesman called back to say June 20th. He was upset that I didn't sound excited enough! We were very excited when we ordered but knew there was a wait so not going to do any back flips until it is actually off line and headed south.
Since we are downsizing I have been taking all the stuff out of the big RV and trying to decide what we really need vs what we just like to have with us. Kind of amazing what I've come across....

Audrey
(I really am excited.)

Old 07-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #22
GM

"Expect an email from FR to confirm order". We don't do that. We would confirm an order with the dealer, but not the retail consumer.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #23
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant530 View Post
Sorry that any of you that have ordered an RV have had to wait past a projected delivery date, but it is the law of supply and demand, not enough capacity with high demand, try and not blame the dealer or the manufacturer, they are doing the best that they can and don't forget all of the suppliers of components that go into these rigs also can hold up production.
Our "I want it now" society seems to forget its a multitude of parts that all must come together at once to make it happen.....and unfortunately and frustrating as it is sometimes delays happen
Actually it is

I WANT IT NOW
I WANT IT BIG
I WANT IT CHEAP
I WANT IT PERFECT
Old 07-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #24

BC - I wasn't really expecting anything direct from FR. When our salesman said to look for the email I thought it would actually be from the dealership. Otherwise what an enormous amount of time FR would need to spend going back and forth with each customer, basically doing the dealership's job.
(We have you for that!)

Audrey
Old 07-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #25
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant530 View Post
Sorry that any of you that have ordered an RV have had to wait past a projected delivery date, but it is the law of supply and demand, not enough capacity with high demand, try and not blame the dealer or the manufacturer, they are doing the best that they can and don't forget all of the suppliers of components that go into these rigs also can hold up production.
Our "I want it now" society seems to forget its a multitude of parts that all must come together at once to make it happen.....and unfortunately and frustrating as it is sometimes delays happen

I <3 your wife's blog! Bookmarkin it? You betcha I am!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #26
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
Economy improving? You bet (at least RV economy)

Maybe just more people retiring!

Eyup! We baby boomers are comin' of age! Finally!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla Lizard View Post
When we ordered our MS model on April 24 our dealer told us to expect it to be about 12 weeks. Told us to expect email from FR to confirm order which never happened - our salesman called to do that. In mid June the first offline date we were given was July 25th then a week later our salesman called back to say June 20th. He was upset that I didn't sound excited enough! We were very excited when we ordered but knew there was a wait so not going to do any back flips until it is actually off line and headed south.
Since we are downsizing I have been taking all the stuff out of the big RV and trying to decide what we really need vs what we just like to have with us. Kind of amazing what I've come across....

Audrey
(I really am excited.)
Audrey:
When we downsized from our Pusher, we took everything out before we sold it. Junk filled two rooms (our empty nest bedrooms) to overflowing. Couldn't believe we had all that "stuff" and realized we never used most of it! Now, I'm not calling SWMBO a pack rat, but she was very distressed that she couldn't get it all back into the Solera!!!
Of course, NONE of the junk was mine... I NEEDED all my stuff - I just can't remember what stuff I had!
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
"We are experiencing higher than normal call volume...Please hold the line and the next available representative will be with you."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

That has been our theme song this year. What happens is a dealer calls and says "how long to get a unit". We tell them "oh end of July right now" (which would be 10 weeks lets say). Dealer tells customer. Customer finalizes deal, dealer waits on financing approval. 2 weeks later dealer places order (so in theory delivery is 2 weeks into August now). But dealer heard end of July, not 10 weeks. In the meantime, during that 2 week period we take 6 weeks worth or orders.

So it is not unusual this time of year...but it has been an unusually busy year. Give me your name and model and I can look it up.
Carl Hill
FR Solera
Thanks
Old 07-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla Lizard View Post

Audrey
(I really am excited.)
The last report I received was the unit is held up in the paint department, should be out by Monday 22nd.
Fla Lizzard, we received our confirmation on the 11th of April. Ill let you know when ours ships to Orlando, you should be shortly after!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHILL View Post
The last report I received was the unit is held up in the paint department, should be out by the Monday 22nd.
Fla Lizzard, we received our confirmation on the 11th of April. Ill let you know when ours ships to Orlando, you should be shortly after!!!
Audrey:
If you're not getting the Full Body Paint version, you may move ahead. My understanding based on previous posts is that they use an outside paintshop, and that shop stays backlogged with new orders. The (white sided) other version has stick-on graphics - a much faster process. Here's keeping fingers crossed for you - need to get that unit ON THE ROAD!!!!

Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote