Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #1

Question RV Direct.....still waiting?

Well it's 3 weeks past the original completion date of our unit. We had purchased plane tickets for our trip to pick it up 30 days after it was supposed to be complete but it looks like that was not enough of a buffer.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a scam and I just lost 10 K!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #2

This is a very busy time of year for the industry.
Have you been in contact with them?
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

How many weeks did they tell u ?

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
How many weeks did they tell u ?

Turbs

10 weeks for completion and we are on week # 13 now.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #5

10 weeks seems to be the minimum for this time of year.
And considering the improving economy, the factory may have experienced higher orders than they planned for.
Your seller should be able to provide you with a good estimate for delivery now, as it must be getting close. Just phone them and insist on a date.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHILL View Post

10 weeks for completion and we are on week # 13 now.
10 weeks would be at the very least minimum this time of year .
I think the dealer underestimated which wouldn't surpise me .
As bakken said this is there busy time, I'd expect 12 - 14 weeks to me pretty normal

Turbs
Old 07-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #7

Do you know for sure the factory has completed your unit?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
10 weeks seems to be the minimum for this time of year.
And considering the improving economy, the factory may have experienced higher orders than they planned for.
Your seller should be able to provide you with a good estimate for delivery now, as it must be getting close. Just phone them and insist on a date.
The first date was end of June, Second was first week in July......as you can see they have come and gone.

Waiting on a call back from the dealer rep. now.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #9

We ordered our Solera on 12/5 from RVDirect. It was finished and ready for delivery on Feb 18. We picked up on the 28th. Pretty painless, though we were told delivery time increases the closer you get to summer. Based on our experience I would use RVDirect again.
Luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #10

I got my Roo in May. It took about a month longer than quoted by the dealer.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #11

We ordered our Solera last year second week in March, we finally got it the second week in June. it was about 3 weeks over due of what they had first told us. It was worth the wait however we love it and have pull 12000 miles on it so far planning another 2000 starting next week. I know it hard but be patient.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
. I know it hard but be patient.
X2

Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #13

Very normal for the process to be prolonged. Don't panic. You haven't lost 10k. We ordered our first coach in early sept and were told it would be ready for a halloween delivery. Well, it wasn't ready until mid december and didn't take delivery until end of january. And thats in the off-season. You can always call FR and ask about the process and where it is on the line. Best of luck!
Mbh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #14
Commercial Member

"We are experiencing higher than normal call volume...Please hold the line and the next available representative will be with you."

That has been our theme song this year. What happens is a dealer calls and says "how long to get a unit". We tell them "oh end of July right now" (which would be 10 weeks lets say). Dealer tells customer. Customer finalizes deal, dealer waits on financing approval. 2 weeks later dealer places order (so in theory delivery is 2 weeks into August now). But dealer heard end of July, not 10 weeks. In the meantime, during that 2 week period we take 6 weeks worth or orders.

So it is not unusual this time of year...but it has been an unusually busy year. Give me your name and model and I can look it up.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
"We are experiencing higher than normal call volume...Please hold the line and the next available representative will be with you."

That has been our theme song this year. What happens is a dealer calls and says "how long to get a unit". We tell them "oh end of July right now" (which would be 10 weeks lets say). Dealer tells customer. Customer finalizes deal, dealer waits on financing approval. 2 weeks later dealer places order (so in theory delivery is 2 weeks into August now). But dealer heard end of July, not 10 weeks. In the meantime, during that 2 week period we take 6 weeks worth or orders.

So it is not unusual this time of year...but it has been an unusually busy year. Give me your name and model and I can look it up.
Gentlemen and a scholar !
Thanks for being part of the forum.

Turbs
Old 07-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #16
2014 Sunseeker 2650S

We ordered in mid-March,and our Class C did not come off the production line until 17 June, about 13 weeks from order. At the time we ordered, 6-8 weeks production was the norm, but it is much longer now, more like 12+ weeks for the reasons prior posts name. Neither RVdirect nor Forest River were ready for a sudden increase in Class C shipments (more than other types of RVs) from an improving economy and lower gas prices. Check out The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association: Current Month Summary which is the shipment statistics from Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA). I think if you and I could have predicted this, we both would have ordered earlier, we live in the North-East and summer is half over

Class C Shipment Increases Over Last Year at This Time:
Jan 38.6%
Feb 52.7%
Mar 12.5%
Apr 64.5%
May 37%
Joseph Carozzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
"but it has been an unusually busy year.

We can only hope that means the economy is improving.
And allow me to add my thanks to the factory reps who subject themselves to abuse on these boards!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #18

Sorry that any of you that have ordered an RV have had to wait past a projected delivery date, but it is the law of supply and demand, not enough capacity with high demand, try and not blame the dealer or the manufacturer, they are doing the best that they can and don't forget all of the suppliers of components that go into these rigs also can hold up production.
Our "I want it now" society seems to forget its a multitude of parts that all must come together at once to make it happen.....and unfortunately and frustrating as it is sometimes delays happen
Old 07-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #19

Economy improving? You bet (at least RV economy)

We saw our first Solera at RV show in January. Had only seen a Winnie View on MB chassis prior to this. We bought the Solera.

On trips we regularly take note of RVs similar to ours. This past weekend on trip to NC mountains saw at least half dozen MB sprinter chassis motorhomes on the road (one I'm pretty sure was a Solera). Not a scientific research, but still a good indicator. Maybe just more people retiring!
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #20

We are presently in Alaska and the Sprinter chassis rig are like hair on a dogs back, I'm seeing them every time I turn around. I think most of them have been the Navion rig.

Talked to some of the ones that are stopped and have a free minute and they all have been really happy with their units.
butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote