Old 11-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #11
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
These RV manufacturers should ONLY "award" a RV repair facility a dealership right only if that facility will honor any and all warranty claims regardless of place of purchase.
x2. This is absolute right and necessary. People move or need emergency repair on the road, away from original purchase location, and should not get low priority treatment. This is a rule only FR can enforce.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #12

The problem is a lack of competition in the Rv industry. FR is leaving the door open much like Detroit did back in the 70's and 80's with poor quality and customer service, this allowed Nissan and Toyota to move right in. Unfortunately I don't see how a foreign company could ship these monsters and still make a profit. But perhaps they would set up factories in the US as the Japanese did, maybe then FR would take notice.

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:51 AM   #13
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonct View Post
Of course, I would prefer to purchase from my local dealer but if they don't come close to the price of the distant competitor will they still service my unit under warranty? The FR web site make a bold statement about independent retailers and their desire to service their own customers. Just curious as to what others have experienced.
I just connected another member to his local dealer with the same frustration. As I have posted on here before...please, Private message me before you buy from an internet dealer and let me try to connect you with your local dealer or your next closest dealer.

I have posted on here before a long, detailed post of why the "sales experience" can go south...but to save you the novel, just PM me what you're looking for, an email address and where you're located.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #14

Thanks again for your time. I agree that businesses should prosper by creating value. Value can be inventory availability (that you pay for in their price) and great service. If you have time to shop for the unit ... my thought is you offer a few players your business and let the best company win your business. My history has been that my unit rarely has a problem near my home dealer (that would be too easy). I like the idea that FR will work with independents (with advance notice) .. Thanks all for your great feedback!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #15
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I just connected another member to his local dealer with the same frustration. As I have posted on here before...please, Private message me before you buy from an internet dealer and let me try to connect you with your local dealer or your next closest dealer.

I have posted on here before a long, detailed post of why the "sales experience" can go south...but to save you the novel, just PM me what you're looking for, an email address and where you're located.
I remember Mr. Clemens said this before, 'RV Direct is not my dealer'. And it is quite obvious he is trying hard to encourage customers to buy local. While I'm okay with giving the local dealer a chance, I don't understand why RV Direct is not a dealer but apparently selling a lot of FR products? And if RV Direct helps bring profit to FR, why is it less favored by FR? I must be missing something.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #16
GM

I am the National Sales rep now, so they are ALL my dealers in a way. RV Direct is not less favored than any other dealer. But if the local dealer (the place you hopefully turn to for service and support) can match their price then why not buy locally. Save the trip to some unknown location. Save the issue that you arrive and something is not quite right. If you're local, then you just drive home until it is right.

All I am trying to do, is make sure there was not some confusion or misunderstanding in the pricing, options or features between the two quotes. There is no ulterior motive here...you are not missing anything. I have always and will always buy the same way. I will give my local guy every chances in the world to earn my business.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 11-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #17

I would say that if FR slowed down the production line just a tad, and built better quality into their trailers, that the dealers wouldn't have so much to fix, and wouldn't be quite so busy...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #18
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I am the National Sales rep now, so they are ALL my dealers in a way. RV Direct is not less favored than any other dealer. But if the local dealer (the place you hopefully turn to for service and support) can match their price then why not buy locally. Save the trip to some unknown location. Save the issue that you arrive and something is not quite right. If you're local, then you just drive home until it is right.

All I am trying to do, is make sure there was not some confusion or misunderstanding in the pricing, options or features between the two quotes. There is no ulterior motive here...you are not missing anything. I have always and will always buy the same way. I will give my local guy every chances in the world to earn my business.
Thanks very much for your clarification. I'm in total agreement with you on giving my local guy a chance. After all, they, not RV Direct, show me a unit. To be honest, I don't expect them to match the price (impress me here please). If the difference comes down to $3k for Solera, I consider it even. If > $5k, the choice is obvious. What do others think as an even point?
Old 11-20-2014, 09:11 PM   #19
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I would say that if FR slowed down the production line just a tad, and built better quality into their trailers, that the dealers wouldn't have so much to fix, and wouldn't be quite so busy...
This seems to be a bit off topic.... But since its here. This year my plant ramped up from 15 a day to 17 a day. It went well for a while and then parts shortages from suppliers started happening. So we were trying to build 17 a day, and then still finish the ones that went off short. As soon as we saw quality start to suffer, we dropped immediately to 13 a day so that we could catch up the shortages without rushing.

I don't know anything about the Surveyor plant (different division), but at Class C plant #34...that's how we do it.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #20

I agree ... 2-3K is a reasonable difference ... plus the difference in any freight.

Tags
dealer