Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #1

Seat Belts at Dinette - Forester/Solera

Fellow Forester/Solera owners - If you have the dinette option, could you tell me if you have two sets of seat belts on each side?
Ours has only two on the seat facing the front.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #2

Only on front facing. Not rated for more.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
Only on front facing. Not rated for more.
Hi!!
You probably expected this to be coming!!
What does it mean, "not rated" for more? I wonder if we could have one belt on the front-facing seat taken off and put on the other seat? I only ask this for the times when our two grandsons are with us. It'd be nice if they could sit across from one another to play a game...
Thanks for writing Mike!

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
Old 11-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
Commercial Member

There is no federal testing for rear facing seat belts. There are no cars with rear facing seats and this is the industry that dictates all the testing requirements. years back, no seat belts were required in the back area of an RV...and this remains very gray area. As a kid I never wore a seatbelt in an RV...they didn't have any.

The only way to put rear facing seat belts in, is to have them tested according to forward facing seat belts and then what happens if there is an accident and someone is hurt? Well, you sue the company because they put rear facing seat belts in when no rear facing standard existed. It is a very gray area...some guys do it assuming that as long as they pass a seat belt pull test, they are fine. Either way it is a huge liability.

As the retail consumer, you can do what you want, but then it is your liability and what you are comfortable with. Again, as a kid I rode in the cabover of a truck camper for Ohio to California and somehow I am here to tell the tale.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #5

It's just a different time now. Slip and fall lawyers have TV commercials, billboard ads, etc. That unfortunately has changed the culture, and we have now becomes a very litigious society. Any reforms are fought vehemently by the trial lawyers association. So, in turn it effects our dailey lives, how we live, individual responsibility, etc. I wish we would pass loser pay legislation, that would help, but it's unlikely.

The bottom line as I see it is, live your life and take what comes with it. Oh, and buckle up when you can, it does save lives.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #6

Thanks for the input, everyone. I was just wondering because I know of a forum member who has a 2014 Sunseeker wheare 4 sets of belts, 2 with anchors.

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
Old 11-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #7

Mr. Clemens - do the front facing seats have both seat belts and anchors?
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #8

Our 2015 Forester MBS has the front-facing seat belts as well as the anchors.

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
Old 11-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE2MH View Post
Thanks for the input, everyone. I was just wondering because I know of a forum member who has a 2014 Sunseeker wheare 4 sets of belts, 2 with anchors.

I have a 2012 Sunseeker 3120 also with 4 sets of seat belts and only 2 have anchors.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #10

[QUOTE=bclemens;729925] As a kid I never wore a seatbelt in an RV...they didn't have any.

As a kid I never wore a seat belt in a car, they didn't have any! I guess that means I'm old!!

I assume the testing for sideways seat belts common on couches is tested like front facing seats.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

[QUOTE=ATVer;730190]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
As a kid I never wore a seatbelt in an RV...they didn't have any.

As a kid I never wore a seat belt in a car, they didn't have any! I guess that means I'm old!!
As a kid my parents removed the rear seat of the van and put a card table in with an eggcrate and blanket on top. Instant bed for napping on the highway. Those were the days (and I'm not that old). But having worked trauma I have seen first hand what not wearing seat belts in both front and back seats can do to a person in an accident. Now everyone wears a seatbelt or the vehicle doesn't move.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #12

[QUOTE=asquared;730206]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post

As a kid my parents removed the rear seat of the van and put a card table in with an eggcrate and blanket on top. Instant bed for napping on the highway. Those were the days (and I'm not that old). But having worked trauma I have seen first hand what not wearing seat belts in both front and back seats can do to a person in an accident. Now everyone wears a seatbelt or the vehicle doesn't move.

I'm with you.

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
Old 11-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #13
Commercial Member

that is correct.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags