Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #1

sewer hose storage

Does anyone have ideas on storing the sewer hose on a Solera. I've looked it over and just don't see any where to mount a storage container. I'd like to get the hose out of the outside cabinet. Any thoughts out there.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Dallas Texas

Can you mount a PVC pipe underneath the trailer and store it in there?
Old 08-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #3

on our 2011 model we mounted a fishing pole storage tube in the DEF tank access door area. We used a poly tube (4" dia IIRC) attached at one end to a petfood storage container (read airtight container) with lid. We zip tied it to the frame rails at an angle across the width the the motorhome. Works great to store the fishing pole in an area that would otherwise be wasted space.

Now I have read that the newer models have relocated a small DEF tank elsewhere so this may not be feasable for you, but this same area would work for that as well.

I find the sewer hose storage compartment to be acceptable as long as we clean the hose good each time its used. It would be nice to have a little more room to store a longer hose though.
Freightliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Got mtn bike?

OH, SORRY!!
I deleted my suggestion/idea.
I just realized that this discussion is in the motor homes forum.
ddavis662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #5

i just connect each end of hose together and put it in compartment right in front of driver side wheel.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #6

I put mine in a 2ft x 4ft x 6in plastic tub in the storage bay. It holds a 2 10ft hoses and 1 90 degree elbow. need to clean hose real good.
Poppy Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
'79 Bonneville

I make sure we have two shower's worth of warm soapy water in the grey tank before dumping the black. I follow the black dump with fresh water flush either through the toilet bowl or the side hose flush connection. I then dump the grey and follow with disconnecting the hose and rinsing it with the hose. I reconnect the hose and compress it as I stuff it into to the valve compartment. I leave the round drain hole cover off the floor of the compartment for ventillation.

This works as long as I park close enough to the sewer hole for one length of hose to reach. I keep one more length of hose in the storage pipe but very seldom have to use it.
bcunning is offline   Reply With Quote